Is It Airbrushing?

Decorating By candy96 Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 4:24pm by TexasSugar

candy96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy96 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:54am
post #1 of 4

I know someone has to know the answer to this, so here goes. I was looking in the window of one of our local cake bakerys, yah it next to the supply shop and saw their beautiful sheet cakes with like cinderellas face or various images on different characters on the sheet cakes that looks like airbrushing, not edible image work? does anyone know how they get the lines so they can fill in with color? Do they use a stencil? If so is there a copyright on those like using shaped pans? I hope this is not a stupid question.

3 replies
cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:05am
post #2 of 4

edited *

If it's not an edible-image, could it be possible that it is a transfer (royal icing transfer, color-flow transfer, chocolate transfer or frozen buttercream transfer)

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:08am
post #3 of 4

They can be done with a projector too. Then airbrushed.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 4

If it is a edible image that was bought then the copyright doesn't come into play. If it is infact airbrushing work, then you aren't allowed to reproduce it and get paid for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%