Need Help On How To Make This Cake!!

Decorating By swapnilgupta Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 11:41pm by sherrycanary62

swapnilgupta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swapnilgupta Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:27am
post #1 of 6

any ideas how can we make this cake......
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1508677
my daughter loves strawberry shortcake and i would love to maker this for her...

thanks in advance
swapnil

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:31am
post #2 of 6

That is so cute! The only thing that I can think is that they taped the image under a piece of glass and then put a light under the glass. The fondant is already rolled out on top of the glass and then they probably hand cut the image. Hope this helps.

MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:35am
post #3 of 6

that is a great cake! Did you try PM'ing the person who made it?

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:05am
post #4 of 6

Why couldn't you just make the image a Royal Icing Transfer, Color-Flow Transfer, or a Frozen Buttercream Transfer.

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 6

What I will do is print out a picture that is the size I want it to be. Then cut out each "shape" or element of the picture. In this case, her hat, her hair, her face, her neck, her shirt, pants, shoes, etc. would all be separate cut pieces of paper, because they are all different colors. I use 50/50 mixture of fondant/gumpaste or tylose powder. Roll it out thin, let it sit for a few minutes. Put the individual piece of paper on top of the fondant and trace around it.

I do this because I do not have a lightbox.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 6

that would look awesome done in chocolate...white candy melts tinted the correct colors.

can you use gel paste colors with chocolate? or do you need candy dye?

it would look beautiful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%