Stacking Advice

Decorating By lindseyelaine Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 4:14pm by confectionsofahousewife

lindseyelaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindseyelaine Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 4

What method do you use for stacking your cakes? I ice each tier separately and was wondering how everyone goes about stacking the next tier in the center without damaging the icing too much. thanks!

3 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 4

Everybody ices each tier separately. I chill all cakes before stacking, unless I'm using the SPS system (wanna know what it is, look in How To forum, there is a sticky note about it)....that way you can manhandle it pretty well without dinging it up.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 4

You can put the supports in partway and then set the cake on top. The weight of the cake will push them in the rest of the way but leave time to get your hands out from underneath.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

You can put the supports in partway and then set the cake on top. The weight of the cake will push them in the rest of the way but leave time to get your hands out from underneath.

Genius! I'm so trying this next time. I can't ever get my hands out from under the cake before they touch the buttercream just a little!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%