Need Ideas For 2 Cakes

Decorating By SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Updated 26 Jan 2007 , 3:16am by venus3202

SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 8

I have gotten 2 calls in 2 days and my imagination is not only on hold but it is stuck!! I have a request for a Wizard of Oz cake and a Play Station cake. I know I could do a cake in the shape of a playstation but I absolutely hate the taste of black icing...Do you all have any ideas??

7 replies
SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 8

Please excuse me if this is rude....I posted right before the last blip off...I really need help!!

sinderella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sinderella Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 8

well, playstations are black....only black, so not to sure on that. maybe you could airbrush the color on instead of mixing it into the bc or fondant..

now if your using mmf, if you mix the color in when the marshmallows are melted you get a deeper colour using less of it. Also, allowing which ever frosting medium you choose to sit over night ALSO deepens the color.

As for wizard of oz, do a google image search or try in the galleries here.

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 8

How about using modeling chocolate for the playstation cake? I used brown and black modeling choc for a fairy cake and the kids went nuts over the flavors. I did a wizard of oz cake last year. I had the yellow brick rd big in the front and it got smaller towards the back, had a fence with the apple trees on one side with the poppy fields in the background and on other side with the emerald city in the background. The girl didn't want any characters on the cake just the ruby slippers icon_smile.gif

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 17 Jan 2007 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 8

You could mix black into chocolate fondant or bc to get the color with far less comprimise on the taste. if you do an xbox, you could use metalic luster dust accents (dont have a clue what the details look like...just a suggestion) to jazz it up.

for the wizard of oz, how about a 3-d red glitter shoe? you could use red fondant and dry dust it or spray it with a red luster dust/glitter dust.

a sheet cake, a square or round cake with a yellow brick road lined with lots of fondant daisies (wilton gumpaste flower cutter) and a couple of small gumpaste or fondant red shoes...or maybe toto and a basket...or both.?

that sounds like a fun one.

SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for all of your ideas and help...I was thinking that I might find out what the little boy's favorite Ninetindo game might be and do a fbct or that case or something...maybe do a sheet with that at one point and a controller somewhere or a mini ps somewhere...

Wizard of Oz is so collectable...all the little things that you might think to purchase to use on top are so very expensive...this cake is for a 4 year old who fell in love with it after watching the annual air on Thanksgiving or Chistmas!! I feel sure that Dorothy is her favorite...so I just might do the ruby slippers and the yellow brick road...I hope that I can soon get my home pc up and get some of my pics posted!!

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 8

May make a small playstation with a dummy and put it on top of another cake so they eat the bottom cake and the boy can keep his playstation dummy cake covered in fondant of course

venus3202 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venus3202 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:16am
post #8 of 8

if it helps any the new playstation 2 is silver

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%