What Is A Cel Board?????

Decorating By nesha Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 2:43am by wrightway777

nesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesha Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 2

HI CC, I was talking to someone about Cel Boards an I was wanting to get more information about it......what is it exactly, is there any way it can substituted?????? Thanks everyone............

1 reply
wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:43am
post #2 of 2

Its this:
http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=cel+board&searchimage.x=0&searchimage.y=0

you roll your fondant/gumpaste out on it. On one side, the long tapered grooves leave indentions to "thread" your wires up leaves/petals. The small holes are for making "mexican hats" which deals with making the calyx for flowers. The opposite side of the board is flat. If you want one may I suggest the Celboard2 - I love it. I wouldnt buy the smaller one. You can see Tonedna using one in some of her fantastic tutorials on youtube.
If you dont need to make gumpaste flowers then yes...you can use a piece of vinyl for rolling your gumpaste/fondant out on (cut to any size as you want from craft store like Jo Anns - not too thin though - just find the thickest you can). One of my favorite things to use is a place mat that I bought at Target (very plentiful in the Summer). Its very smooth vinyl (no raised pattern). I dont mind using cutters on it or even using sharp objects on it so when it gets too pitted I can just throw it out instead of marring up my Celboard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%