Do You Make Your Own Cake Boards?

Decorating By partysafe Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 11:32pm by wrightway777

ramacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramacake Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 9:27am
post #31 of 33

Look in the yellow pages under "boxes-corrugated". We have a company here the called Arrowhead Container Company, and we buy 4' x 8' sheets of TRIPLE WALL cardboard. They also sell double wall and single wall. The double wall (1/4" thick)is ok for lightweight cakes, and the single wall (1/8" thick)is great for making boxes. But the winner is the triple wall. It is approx a half inch thick. It is so strong you can stand on it and it won't bend. My husband cuts it with a jigsaw, whatever size or shape I need. And he cuts zillions of boards for me. You have to use a knife edge blade in the jigsaw, not a blade with a serrated edge, that will tear up the cardboard. We usually buy somewhere around 50 to 100 boards at a time. And that usually last 3 to 4 months. We have a double car garage, that only holds one car because the other side is full of cardboard!!!

jclvs2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jclvs2 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:40pm
post #32 of 33

Thank you wrightway777 !!! Those are alot of great ideas. I like the photo box so I will have to get out and look. I also liked the fondant idea too. I knew if I inquired here at CC someone would save me. Thank you too ramacake for the box link I will check that out as well. Thank you again for all the ideas!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:32pm
post #33 of 33

no problem I love re-purposing things...

ramacakes - I've seen that used before on ACE of Cakes (triple walled stuff) - awesome - I've gotta go find some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%