tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 3:01am
post #31 of 36

I like my Baker's Joy..call me lazy..lol
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 10:07pm
post #32 of 36

I'm a pam and parchment girl. I think I use the parchment just as a security factor though. Don't we all love being OCD. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

dtdonnahoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtdonnahoo Posted 14 Nov 2009 , 11:55am
post #33 of 36

I was a HUGE Wilton cake release fan, but tried the homemade equal parts oil, crisco and flour . . . exact same results! Perfect every time!
I also put parchment on the bottom of all my pans. Wait until the pan is just cool enough to touch but not all the way cool. Cakes come out great. If you let it cool all the way the cake will stick. Hope this helps Ü

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 6:46pm
post #34 of 36

I've used the homemade stuff for the last 10 years without problem. I mix up enough to last about 3 months. Paint it on with a pastry brush and put a waxed paper circle in the bottom of the pan.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 3:11am
post #35 of 36

The only time I've had a problem with the homemade was once when I missed a spot.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 4:34am
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany29

I made some a while back and I used it with my scratch choc cake and it stuck to the pan. Anytime I have used it with choc cake it sticks. It is a really thin batter so maybe that's why.

Me too!!! But I must say it is fine for my other cakes. We probably use the same recipe. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%