Makin's T Extruder, Or Sugarcraft Gun?

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 4:33am by Lita829

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:06am
post #1 of 4

I really need to buy a new extruder. I bought one of the 'push' syringe type extruders, and it hurts my hands so bad I don't want to use the darn thing at all!

I've seen sugarshack use the black/red one, and I love that she's able to extrude with one hand and coax the rope into place with the other hand. I'm wondering if this can be done somehow with the Makin's T extruder.

I'm not sure which of these to buy. Any advice for me?


3 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:20am
post #2 of 4

Use the Makin's Professional Ultimate Extruder, the green metal one with the twist T top. It's fabulous. I don't believe they stock it at Michael's or JoAnn though; you may need to order it online. I bought mine from and the cost, including shipping, was $25.20, which is only 6 dollars more than if I'd bought it with the 40% off at Michael's. Considering how much gas I wasted driving around to different stores trying (without success) to find the darned thing, I should have ordered it on the internet in the 1st place icon_redface.gif.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:23am
post #3 of 4

I have a makins extruder, its one of my fav tools. and its very easy on your hands.

I've never used the red sugar craft one.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:33am
post #4 of 4

Makin's T extruder is wonderful!! Its easy to work with and doesn't hurt your hands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%