Pics Of Shops!

Business By AmandaKate Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 4:12pm by 350BakerStreet

AmandaKate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaKate Posted 27 Oct 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 43

Hey Guys,

For all of you who own ur own shops or even just a window display! I thought it would be fun if you guys would post some pictures of your shops (if you have any and you don't mind). I just like to see all the pretty set ups and like to daydream about having my own one day waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the road!

Just a thought...... icon_rolleyes.gif

42 replies
littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:21am
post #2 of 43

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:37am
post #3 of 43

I love the sign on your shoppe Little Cakes

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 6:15am
post #4 of 43

This is such a gr8 idea... Im quite the same Amanda, just love looking at the pics of cake shops, admiring the effort gone behind it n dreaming tht one day I'd have my own !!!!

AmandaKate Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 43

Thanks arwa!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one icon_rolleyes.gif

Littlecakes--thanks for being the first to post!!!! Your shop is so cute....I'm not sure where you're from but the outside almost looks European!!! I love it! icon_biggrin.gif

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 1:44am
post #6 of 43

Littlecake, love the look of your shop. That door is to die for. Thanks for sharing.
AmandaKate, thanks for starting this thread. Hopefully you'll get a lot more replies! It's a great idea. thumbs_up.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 2:43am
post #7 of 43

i love the door too....i put it in, and i think i'll take it when i go.

the colors and sign is somewhat dated, it has been 8 years since i opened.

thanks for the sweet compliment about the sign, i was signpainter in a former life, i need to redo everything to be more trendy, i've started on the inside, did the front in bubble gum pink and neon green with silver accents.

i'm redoing the back kitchen now, i been painting pink and purple cupcakes on the wall...like wallpaper, kinda cute.

icalise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icalise Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:10am
post #8 of 43

That is such a cute shop!

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:23am
post #9 of 43

Littlecakes ~ would love to see pics of the inside work you are doing. It sounds so imaginative.

I would like to toss out another question on this thread. What all do you do in your shops.

Just cakes...
Cakes and retail cake decorating supplies...
Teach classes...

One, two or do all three?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 4:29am
post #10 of 43

What a really nice shop. I am inlove with the bricks and the sign.

AmandaKate Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:24pm
post #11 of 43

I saw on another thread someone was talking about a store/office just for a window display and consultations and they posted a picture.......it was really cute!!! I think they were in VT.....hopefully they will read this thread and post a pic!!!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 29 Oct 2009 , 12:37pm
post #12 of 43

I love so many things about this shop! I really love the way the display cakes are set up in the window. They look to me like they're "peeking" out, like you should come closer to see more.

IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 7:50pm
post #13 of 43

littlecake, I love your look, don't change it!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #14 of 43

I've been talking to my dad about building a small shop for me here behind my house. It is just in the brainstorming stage right now, but I would love to use threads like these to compile ideas. Thanks for sharing yours, Littlecake.

AmandaKate Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:46am
post #15 of 43

anyone else? we'd love to see your beautiful shops! icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:03pm
post #16 of 43

Hi AmandaKate, I am the one who posted about the storefront space in Vermont. I am going to try to attach a pic from across the street of my window. icon_redface.gif
LL

mommicakes Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:10pm
post #17 of 43

It actually uploaded, icon_lol.gif I did it.

Anyway, I know that it doesn't look very pretty in this picture, the building still needs some love but the location is awesome.

What I really like, is everyone has to stop right in front of it and at least look at it. It is in the center of town, at the main intersection.

Since I have moved in there, I have had to shorten my daily open hours to 3 days and set by appointment hours. When my daughter is able, I have her man it for me while I bake at home. It has worked out, I can't pay for monthly advertising like that in print or on the web anywhere for any amount!

I am so happy with my location, and wouldn't change making that step for anything. I am going to have the large sign being repainted with my name to be placed above my window.

Thanks for looking.
Donna

icalise Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm
post #18 of 43

Donna;

That's a very cute shop!

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:37pm
post #19 of 43

Both shops look really cute! What kind of location are you in Donna?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 3:39pm
post #20 of 43

Both shops are adorable! What's your square footage? (If I may ask...)

mommicakes Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 8:13pm
post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Both shops are adorable! What's your square footage? (If I may ask...)

My window display & consult area is a 12 X 12 foot space and I have an attached office space that is about 8 X 12 foot off the rear.

The location of my studio is right on Main Street in downtown Wells River, (small town of maybe 3-4000 people), my space is in a building with a barber, laundrymat, and also houses the Chamber of Commerce of the town. There is a restaurant across the street along with a quick mart to the left of my studio.

We don't have a traffic light in town, but they have to stop at the stop sign.(facing my studio)

Lisa540 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa540 Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:06am
post #22 of 43

I would love to upload a picture of my brand new shop but it says that my pics need to be resized. Can anyone give me any tips on this?

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 2:23am
post #23 of 43

Donna, what do you offer in your shop? Do you do everything? Consult, bake and decorate in your shop?

Thanks,
Carol

mommicakes Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 11:10pm
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblupe

Donna, what do you offer in your shop? Do you do everything? Consult, bake and decorate in your shop?

Thanks,
Carol

I only offer consults and build dummies, and I meet my clients there for their pick-ups. I don't have walk in sales, only because there isn't kitchen space there.

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 11:24pm
post #25 of 43

Donna, as a fellow shop owner I congratulate you; and applaud you finding a solution that works for you!! Much success!!

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:12am
post #26 of 43

Open since July 2007
LL

cakesondemand Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:16am
post #27 of 43

Lots of glare in the window and you cant see the display cakes in this picture but they are there. We are located at a corner with a stop light on a main street through town.

icalise Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:18am
post #28 of 43

Cakesondemand: What a nice storefront!

cakesondemand Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:29am
post #29 of 43

We are going to change the window to the right we do cupcakes to go so we are going to use that space in the window to do something with cupcakes also the room with those windows is separate from the show room and have it as a consultation room we are going to put small tables and chairs so anyone who wishes can have a seat to enjoy there cupcakes and a drink. We are moving our consultation room to another room we have lots of space we can use.

IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 6:04pm
post #30 of 43

Cake on demand, Beautiful shop! How come your website doesn't work?

Lisa540, how big its your picture, do you know? what program are you using to look at.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%