Mechanics Help Please

Decorating By Chefperl Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 2:03pm by superwawa

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 3

i am making a scrabble cake and want to make it rotate so everyone can see all parts of the cake. Has anyone every made a cake spin. What kind of motor can i use. I know duff uses them all the time, but I only wish i was BFF with him, since I am not, i can;t call him. Any help?
thanks.

2 replies
yeastconfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 3

I've used a windshield wiper motor from a mustang before....if you had an old microwave you could take apart you could use the motor that makes the turntable spin......Its hard to find a motor that has enough torque but is geared down so it has less rpm's. I actually wrote Duff to find out we he uses.....No reply! Anyways good luck on your search.....Check the internet for ideas! Also now that it's Halloween there are alot of decorations with motors in them....just think outside of the box!

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 3

Do you still have an old turntable? (record player) Maybe I am the only one who still has one? icon_smile.gif Or maybe know someone who can lend you one (or a yard sale, goodwill store). That would be my first try - unless the cake was too heavy for that motor.

Otherwise I agree with yeast - check the party stores for rotating table decorations for Halloween, or maybe even Christmas stuff already at some stores like Target or WM - in the past I have seen a motor/contraption for a rotating Christmas tree stand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%