Oh.....these People!!!

Business By Irish245 Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 1:45am by ljdills

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 6:51pm
post #31 of 39

Perhaps if more specific information were posted with the pictures on websites you'd get fewer dumb questions (but maybe not!). For example: "the cake pictured consists of three tiers (10", 8" and 6"), serves x number of people and is priced at $3.75/serving. Total cost is $x.00 plus tax and delivery fee."

I wonder if that would help some lookers who are in the initial stages of planning to get some kind of a ball park figure for budgeting.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 4:33am
post #32 of 39

Got "one of those" emails today too.

"I'm throwing a birthday party and would like a zoo animals cake. Can you send me pictures and a price?"

Umm.... sure, let me read your mind and I'll get that right out to you icon_smile.gif

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:46pm
post #33 of 39

Pookie, I agree with you but it's virtually impossible to do when she didn't even know I had a website, didn't know how many servings she wanted, didn't know what type of filling, icing, etc....just too many variables....

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 8:54pm
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish245

Pookie, I agree with you but it's virtually impossible to do when she didn't even know I had a website, didn't know how many servings she wanted, didn't know what type of filling, icing, etc....just too many variables....

And I"m not going back in to change the pricing on over 300 photos every time I have a price increase.

Unfortunately, there are too many folks out there who think saying, "I want a cake. Chocolate." is enough info. Don't you love the ones who say, when you ask them 'what size?', reply with "oh just regular size!" icon_lol.gif

cakey37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakey37 Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 9:21pm
post #35 of 39

i love these and am glad it just isn't me! i work on the basis sometimes that they dont tell me what they want but what they don't want. As in you can have round or square, i don't want round, you can have vanilla or chocolate, i don't want chocolate!!!
i'm in the uk, so i guess they are just everywhere!!!

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 9:51pm
post #36 of 39

When I worked in a pizza place people would call and ask how many slices came in each pizza. Ummm, it's a circle, you can have as many slices as you want! Maybe the problem is that people don't really ask the questions they want answered.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:18am
post #37 of 39

[quote="dstbni"]When I worked in a pizza place people would call and ask how many slices came in each pizza. Ummm, it's a circle, you can have as many slices as you want! Maybe the problem is that people don't really ask the questions they want answered.[/quote]

dstbni - I'm sure you've heard the (very) old joke.

Customer: I'd like a large cheese pizza.

Pizza maker: Sure. Would you like it cut into 8 slices or 12 slices?

Customer: Oh, just 8. I could never eat 12 slices!

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:33am
post #38 of 39

Exactly

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:45am
post #39 of 39

I think it goes back to the Wal-Mart mentality. When you go to Wal-Mart it is either a sheet cake or an 8 inch round. You tell them how many you need to feed and they tell you you need 1/4 sheet or whatever and the only flavor options are chocolate and yellow, buttercream or whipped frosting.

What entertains me is when they want a cake they saw on TV and only have $25 to spend. I guess they don't realize most of these cakes they see on TV are in the thousands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%