What If Your Client Wants An Fugly Cake?

Business By tiffani_1 Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 4:05am by sumfun1215

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:26pm
post #31 of 35

Definitely do the cake... If anything else, it's something to test your skills once in a while that you CAN do the other methods... Sorry Debi -PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - - NEVER ask me to do swags!!!! OTOH, if a CUSTOMER wants to pay me to make swags on a cake "Sure, I'd be happy to do those for you, here's what I charge ;o))" (and boy do I charge LOL)

Like others have said: It is not your taste preference, it's to PAY THE BILLS...

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:50pm
post #32 of 35

I've got one of those coming up this weekend. A man's 80th birthday cake that his son designed. We have 5 different themes going on the cake (really 6 when you add in the fall leaves he wants in a pattern on the cake). I figure it's the man's birthday, his son knows what he wants and I'll do my best to give it to him, fall leaves and all!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 5:22am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Most people have really bad taste!

I disagree. In my opinion:
EVERYBODY (that you ask will say they) ....

1. Have good taste.
2. Have a good sense of humour.
3. Are right.
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I say go right ahead - do what the client asks for and make them happy!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:48am
post #34 of 35

This was such a funny and informative post. I giggle like a crazy person every time I hear (read) the word fugly. LOL

sumfun1215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumfun1215 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:05am
post #35 of 35

At our bakery, we have the "Ugly Hall of Shame" Pics of "those" cakes get posted where only we can see them. Late at night when the giggles set in, they sometimes bring some much needed comic relief as we recount the orders and the crazies that wanted them. Occasionally, we even add a few decorations ourselves or those balloons with words in them. Make the cake and then enjoy the hours that you can laugh about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%