People Of Walmart

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 12:53pm by costumeczar

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 22

I know you all might have seen this website before, but if you haven't it's horrifyingly funny. http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

I have to say that my Walmart isn't anywhere as intersting as the ones in these photos, but my kids said that they saw some people dressed up like Tigger and Pooh shopping there once when they were with my husband.

21 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 22

Oh, I've seen that! It's shocking, funny, but kinda sad really. Some of those people clearly have mental problems.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 7:11am
post #3 of 22

I've been to Wal-Mart once. I got so scared that I've never been back.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 22

I love that site.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 22

I check that site every day or so. So funny. Some of the comments are even funnier than the picture itself.

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 22

I am pleased to report none of those pictures are from my local walmart.... Oh wait, maybe its because they can't be posted? ACK!!!!!

Too funny!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 22

The sad part is I see something like that everyday,have a few pics on my cell phone.Maybe I should post them.

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 2:17pm
post #8 of 22

I don't know how I feel about this? I mean, obviously most of these people are just begging to be noticed, but there were some pictures of normal looking people that were just overweight, etc. I think it's cruel; a form of bullying. It scares me to think who's website *I* myself could end up on, and who knows what for!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 21 Oct 2009 , 3:56pm
post #9 of 22

i don't think i've ever seen a picture on there of "someone who is just overweight". if they do happen to be overweight, and they're on there, it's most likely because they are wearing something someone who is overweight SHOULD NOT be wearing icon_biggrin.gif i mean, i'm overweight and i'm not scared of being put on here, or offended by the site. why? because i wear clothes that are suitable for my body type. i'm not hanging out all over the place.

i love this site for what it is, humor!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 12:55pm
post #10 of 22

Did you see the pic of the woman with a 1 yr old in the cart, and the kid had a plastic produce bag over his head? icon_eek.gif

FierceConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FierceConfections Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:01pm
post #11 of 22

One of my favorite sites. Ever.

Once I saw a very pregnant girl wearing a bikini top, teeny tiny unbuttoned/unzipped jorts rolled down her hips (miraculously, she was wearing underwear), and no shoes icon_eek.gif . I'd never wanted a camera so badly in my life icon_lol.gif !

I've never seen anyone like that at Target... icon_wink.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:13pm
post #12 of 22

I don't see this stuff at my Wal-mart either. I don't look the best when I visit my Wal-Mart on the weekends - especially when I run out of something when I am caking and I tear out the door with powdered sugar or cake batter on the font of my clothes!!! But I live in a small mid-west town and orange or blue hair and piercings and tatoos once in a while and some pretty bad clothing combinations are the most that I have seen.

I thought it was very funny!

FierceConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FierceConfections Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:38pm
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

I don't see this stuff at my Wal-mart either. I don't look the best when I visit my Wal-Mart on the weekends - especially when I run out of something when I am caking and I tear out the door with powdered sugar or cake batter on the font of my clothes!!! But I live in a small mid-west town and orange or blue hair and piercings and tatoos once in a while and some pretty bad clothing combinations are the most that I have seen.

I thought it was very funny!

Well, there are two Walmarts near me. There is a "Neighborhood Market" a mile from my house. It's pretty clean, and the people there generally wear shoes. Then there is the Super Walmart off of the freeway, about five miles away. That's where the action is. icon_lol.gif

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 2:40pm
post #14 of 22

I see stuff like this at Walmart sometimes. icon_lol.gif

NJCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakeDiva Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:16pm
post #15 of 22

I just checked out the website! Some of these photos are ridiculous! But then there are a few(mainly the replies below them) that have me laughing in tears. See taste the rainbow icon_lol.gif

tmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmcakes Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:00pm
post #16 of 22

I saw that a couple weeks ago and thought is was so funny!

I went into Walmart yesterday for some last min items and over the intercom I hear an associate say "Attention associate please go into a zone defense" icon_confused.gif no joke I had to stop and ask myself if I heard correctly and yet once again the associate repeated "Attention associates please go into a zone defense." But now that I'm reminded of that email now I can put two and two together!

Hey if any one works for walmart please explain the whole "zone defense" concept!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 4:04pm
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceConfections

Then there is the Super Walmart off of the freeway, about five miles away. That's where the action is. icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

we have a super walmart, too, and though there are some "lookers" there, nothing like the ones on the site.

i'll have to start paying more attention. icon_biggrin.gif

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 6:40pm
post #18 of 22

Thanks for making me howl!
Jen...

costumeczar Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 7:40pm
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callyssa

I don't know how I feel about this? I mean, obviously most of these people are just begging to be noticed, but there were some pictures of normal looking people that were just overweight, etc. I think it's cruel; a form of bullying. It scares me to think who's website *I* myself could end up on, and who knows what for!

I know how you feel, but the people on here who are overweight are also wearing thongs, or the soccer underwear under see-through tights. It's not just the overweight part that ends them up on this site.

I'd never be able to bring myself to send a picture in, unless it was something like the kid on all fours on the end of the leash, that was just humorous. I couldn't send in a picture of someone because of what they're wearing , or the way they look, but I sure don't mind reaping the benefits of seeing the pictures that other people send in!

They do have a page on there that says that they won't publish pictures of people who are in wheelchairs, or who have other obvious problems like that, so they do have some mercy. The only way you're going to end up on there is if you're the type of person who puts on a leopard-print unitard with see-through cutouts, then looks in the mirror thinking "I look gooooood."

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 11:29pm
post #20 of 22

Oh. M. God. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 3:45am
post #21 of 22

Zone defense just means for employees to tidy their departments. Mangers did a walk thru and the store is not looking it's best.

Yep former Wal-Mart customer service and cashier for 5 years. I have seem many of things that made me want to scrub my eyes with a wire brush. One guy would come in every Sunday wearing VERY tight Very sheer yellow or white nylon shorts . No underwear pulled up VERY high so that he had a major very visble camel toe, with a mesh shirt to top it off. You could see everything that he had (or didn't have, lol). They finally had to ban him from the store because little kids do not need to see that much less the rest of us.

costumeczar Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:53pm
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyann_rayne

Zone defense just means for employees to tidy their departments. Mangers did a walk thru and the store is not looking it's best.

Yep former Wal-Mart customer service and cashier for 5 years. I have seem many of things that made me want to scrub my eyes with a wire brush. One guy would come in every Sunday wearing VERY tight Very sheer yellow or white nylon shorts . No underwear pulled up VERY high so that he had a major very visble camel toe, with a mesh shirt to top it off. You could see everything that he had (or didn't have, lol). They finally had to ban him from the store because little kids do not need to see that much less the rest of us.

EEEEEWWW...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%