How Long Will Indydebis Buttercream Last Once Made Up?

Decorating By aej6 Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 12:58am by aej6

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 13

If anyone can tell me I would really appreciate it. I've looked but can not find info on how long it will be good for once made.
Also, should I put it in the fridge?
Thanks again!

12 replies
kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 13 Oct 2009 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 13

According to Debi, you do not have to refrigerate. I am sure it will last a couple weeks. If anyone knows if it will last beyond that, please jump in.

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 13

Definitely no fridge necessary - you can leave it room temp just like when you put it on a cake.

I recently PM'd indydebi with the same query - her exact reply was:

"I've left it out for at least 3 weeks. I can't say past that because I tend to use it up before it gets that old."

HTH

Lynn929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynn929 Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 13

Thats strange you asked that question, I was intending on asking that today because I made up a batch of it......ITS AWESOME I just added a little popcorn salt to it and it was delicious. icon_lol.gif

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 13

I love indydebi's bc! I use NOTHING else. I leave it out of the frig for several weeks but if by chance I don't use it after a couple of weeks, I put it in the frig but you don't have to.

aej6 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 12:09am
post #6 of 13

Thank you for all the responses!

I actually found that what I came out with was it too gritty....I could feel the sugar crunching on my teeth....what did I do wrong? I swear I used the right amount of sugar....

Also, how much popcorn salt did you add? (I finally found some at Wal-mart!)

Thanks again!

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 12:19am
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aej6

Thank you for all the responses!

I actually found that what I came out with was it too gritty....I could feel the sugar crunching on my teeth....what did I do wrong? I swear I used the right amount of sugar....

Also, how much popcorn salt did you add? (I finally found some at Wal-mart!)

Thanks again!

I actually had this same issue, thought it wasn't *that* bad. Still, it was the only downside to the recipe I could find and I'm going to make it a second time in a few minutes and I guess I'll see if it goes any better this time.

aej6 Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:26am
post #8 of 13

OMGitsaLisa....let me know how it come out?...and if you do anything different...?

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 1:49am
post #9 of 13

why would you put popcorn salt in bc...is that whats gritty lol..I am so cornfused here

SouthernSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SouthernSugar Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:59pm
post #10 of 13

Popcorn salt is MUCH finer than regular table salt so it is much easier to get it to dissolve. I use a pinch in all my buttercream to help cut back the sweetness.

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 6:48pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aej6

OMGitsaLisa....let me know how it come out?...and if you do anything different...?

Well, I added a pinch of table salt to it this time and it's no grittier than before, but no less. It's not even that much grit, just.. a very slight feeling. I don't know how to make that go away.

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 8:04pm
post #12 of 13

The only time icing has seemed grainy to me was when I tried to be frugal and bought an off brand powdered sugar from Dollar General. It was grainy and I'll never try that again! I thought "powdered sugar is powdered sugar." Wrong! icon_smile.gif

aej6 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 12:58am
post #13 of 13

Thanks for the updates....I may have used cheap sugar when I made this, can't recall...Domino and store brands are the only type sold around here....will try Domino next time....Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%