10.09.09 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 6:28pm by aundrea

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 4:48am
post #31 of 46

peas in the pod cake due at 10am, already crumb coated. 3 tier cake due tom. (well technically today) night...haven't even started yet! off to bed...will focus on it in the morning! happy baking to you all!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 4:48am
post #32 of 46

thanks a million leah

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 4:49am
post #33 of 46

It's normal for the clay to separate. After it's rested(overnight or several hours) you can either knead it back in or blot it with paper towels...I blot some of it away before kneading it because I found the heat from my hands makes it get too soft too fast if I don't. It will all knead back in though...don't panic.

bakery_chick, I haven't had to since last fall when pumpkin cake is most popular, but I froze the puree with no ill effects on the finished cakes. I could've just been lucky and need to find some wood somewhere to knock on...fast.

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:28am
post #34 of 46

Thank you all4cake (and leah)! I'm so excited - this will be my first carved cake.

Good luck with all of your cakes this weekend everyone.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:44am
post #35 of 46

Have a great night everyone, I am off to bed

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:45am
post #36 of 46

Hey!

What do you guys think of this? I am not sure if i like it or not?? Maybe its how the pink come out that i am not happy with it....i was trying to replicate one of SugarShack's cakes but obviously lol im no where near her level!
LL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:48am
post #37 of 46

goodnight tatorchip.

SJ169, it looks greeeeeeat! I thought it was red. pink...red...no matter...it still looks mahvelous dahling!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:49am
post #38 of 46

Wow...that's pretty cool! I like it! I'm just jealous of your granite countertop and your low profile turntable and your stainless steel pin, and, and, and...lemme find some other cool stuff to covet!

SJ169 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:50am
post #39 of 46

ya i think in the picture it looks more red because of the lighting in my kitchen but its supposed to be more of a hot pink...i will take better pictures once i am done with it.. thanks icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

SJ169 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:02am
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Quote:

Wow...that's pretty cool! I like it! I'm just jealous of your granite countertop and your low profile turntable and your stainless steel pin, and, and, and...lemme find some other cool stuff to covet

haha hmm lets see the stainless steel plate was 15.00 at Ikea lol and my stainless rolling pin was 6.99 at Superstore, lol buts its only stainless steel coated but it works great! icon_smile.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

chefbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbetty Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:13am
post #41 of 46

Hello all,

Just finished making all my pies for tomorrow's farmer's market. Really exhausted.

Chef Betty thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 9:47am
post #42 of 46

First time posting in this type of thread (or was it my second?).

Today, I tested Jennifer Dontz's fondant recipe after it has rested and the consistency is perfect. It is the best tasting fondant I have ever tasted in my whole life.

No cake this week but next week and the week after that I will be making one.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 12:11pm
post #43 of 46

nothing for me this friday!, had a lovely night watching True Blood with my hubby and trying to decide what colours to do my first giant cupcake cake on tuesday - so excited to try this!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 1:22pm
post #44 of 46

Good to see everyone and know we all made it thru. Early deliveries for me today, then prep for tomorrow.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 5:11pm
post #45 of 46

Oh man, being at FNCC would have been so much better than what I was doing yesterday. I had a wreck (I'm ok, the other people are ok) and then my hubby lost his job. It was a banner day in our household yesterday. Luckily, hubby had taken a leave from his job to try out this new one. And they let him go from this new one before his leave for the other one was up. So he still has a job he can go back to. Just doesn't pay as well, and keeps him out of town a lot.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:28pm
post #46 of 46

I'm making an AC/DC cake for my mothers husband birthday. I'm going to try RIT again.
Then I'm starting work on my SIL birthday cake with edible image. With matching cookies-its a her dog on the image.
I'm way behind schedule of course!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%