Cupcake Icing

Baking By mom2x Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 8:40pm by prterrell

mom2x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2x Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 2

Hi there,

I have seen pics of cupcakes where the icing looks kind of like a wave all the way around. Its really pretty. Not sure what the correct name would be, but does anyone know how to do that?

Also, if I am using an oil to flavour the icing, do I still need to put in the vanilla flavouring? My buttercream icing recipe instructions say to put in vanilla flavouring but I was thinking of removing that and adding "cotton candy" oil.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.


1 reply
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 2

If you are subbing a different flavor, then omit the vanilla extract. You can always add it back in if you think the icing needs it.

As for the cupcakes, I always pipe the icing on using a large tip (I use 2D, other CCers us 1M).

Quote by @%username% on %date%