How To Make The 3D Ghosts On Top?

Baking By meredith1851 Updated 11 Oct 2009 , 9:43pm by hjustesen

meredith1851 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredith1851 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 8

I have seen several cute ghosts in the galleries that look like they are floating on top of the cupcake but nobody describes how they do that. Any thoughts/wiling to share? I think they are so cute!

7 replies
DLo912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DLo912 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 8

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Sugar-Ghost-Cupcakes

This was in Taste of Home recently and it basically says that all you need to do is stack two small peanut butter cups and add a malted milk ball for the head and then drape the white fondant over it and voila! A ghost! You can draw the face on before or after : ) I was going to try this for a "Girly Halloween" party I'm having next week with some friends! Good luck!

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 8

I've done it with a fondant/gp ball, into which I put a skewer/toothpick/lollipop stick/stir stick-- whatever you have. Then I draped the fondant/gp over it and pressed it in to form the shape of the head and folds in the drape. Then paint on face and let dry. If you want it to appear to be flying-you can lift the bottom of the drape and form it and let it dry with plastic wrap in it to hold the position. HTH

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 8

I would think you could use a tootsie pop stuck into the cupcake.

meredith1851 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredith1851 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for all the quick responses. I can't wait to try these!

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 8

These look so cute!!! I wanted to make something like this for my kids school for Halloween.

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 11:45am
post #7 of 8

These are cute! Thanks for the info. I am going to try these for my daughters' halloween party.

hjustesen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hjustesen Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 8

Totally cute! Thanks for the ideas, I have to make some halloween cupcakes and might go this direction!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%