Sugarshack On Ultimate Cake-Off...right Now!

Decorating By my_4_dumplins Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 9:42pm by my_4_dumplins

my_4_dumplins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my_4_dumplins Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:15am
post #1 of 19

Is anyone else watching Sharon and Rebecca on Ultimate Cake off right now?

18 replies
jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 19

I'm watching it!

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:36am
post #3 of 19

What else could we possibly be doing besides surfing cc...?
Of course I am watching!

ellyden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyden Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:46am
post #4 of 19

I Tivo it so that I don't miss anything and I can pause so that I can get a good look at all the intrique details

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 2:55am
post #5 of 19

ok I am jealous, Husband does think we need it, but how cool to pause and take a better look

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:04am
post #6 of 19

Yes, their cake was magnificant.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:16am
post #7 of 19

Anyone else, besides me, feel like slapping Norman along side the head?!! LOL

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:22am
post #8 of 19

lol but he was smart to do it because that is the reason he won, the girls would have slammed him lol

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:54am
post #9 of 19

total of 4 hours of manpower lost and we still finished. yay us! LOL

yes, not as neat as we wanted cuz we did have to hurry. But I think Bec's cake was stunning!

all 3 were. TV did not do them justice!

norm had a hard time making us sit the 2nd time; he knew he had to do it though, LOL

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:13am
post #10 of 19

its repeated on tlc right now 1 a.m. eastern time

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:16am
post #11 of 19

I loved watching tonight's show!! I loved it when Norm said "You're a threat" and Sharon said something like "bigger than you know!" LOL!!

And then Norm said "I'm really a nice guy!" and Zane turned around and shook his head no and mouthed "noooooooo" ROFL!!

Sharon...reading your blog & watching you on tv...you ALWAYS have me cracking up! You are just too funny! I feel like I know you....like you're my friend. But I don't really...and you're not really LOL!

CakesHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesHeaven Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:28am
post #12 of 19

It was an amazing job, beautiful cake! Norm was right to be scared, you did an amazing job. They where all beautiful.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 5:43am
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2spunkynbug

I feel like I know you....like you're my friend. But I don't really...and you're not really LOL!

yes you do and of course you are!

Thanks for all the nice words guys!

whatcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatcakes Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 7:43am
post #14 of 19

Cry me a river....
We had the best cake and you all know it.
We did not have sloppy work...
Norman R. Davis The Sweet Life

Get over it.

my_4_dumplins Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:14am
post #15 of 19

Don't get so defensive Norm...lol
No one on this thread said your work was sloppy.
I just watched the show AGAIN tonight and I have to agree with Sharon, All three cakes were magnificent! (although I was rooting for Rebecca and Sharon!) The best part of the show was the good natured joking going back and forth between Rebecca and Norms kitchens.
Sharon, my kids and I lauged the loudest at the comment you made to Norman about him being wayyyy older..LOL! It was a great show.

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 11:21am
post #16 of 19

All 3 cakes were great. It comes down to taste. No ones work was sloppy, it was actually very high end for the amount of time given. I preferred Norms, but not massively. I think the extra hour he had over Rebecca and Sharon's team gave him a real leg up.

The girls cake wasn't as finished looking due to the time punishment. Truly don't need the sit out punishment time on the show. I would prefer to see rewards given for winning challenge, not punishments enacted. Extra time for winner, etc.

They are all winners this time around.

deli1777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deli1777 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:13pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2spunkynbug

And then Norm said "I'm really a nice guy!" and Zane turned around and shook his head no and mouthed "noooooooo" ROFL!!

Sharon...reading your blog & watching you on tv...you ALWAYS have me cracking up! You are just too funny! I feel like I know you....like you're my friend. But I don't really...and you're not really LOL!

I don't remember exactly- because it was a LONG day, but keep in mind that this is TV and with editing, things can be taken out of context. The above is a prime example- the editing made it look like I turned my head in a "totally surprised, yeah right" sort of thing, and that Zane mouthed "no he's not." But editing takes things out of context and those two reactions may have in reality been to something completely different.

Bottom line, we had a blast, we had great camaraderie with both teams and we were proud of what we all accomplished.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:39pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesbyMomME

I would prefer to see rewards given for winning challenge, not punishments enacted. Extra time for winner, etc.

That would put a different spin on it! Every one else sits out while the winners of the challenges get an extra half hour. I love that idea!

my_4_dumplins Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:42pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesbyMomME

I would prefer to see rewards given for winning challenge, not punishments enacted. Extra time for winner, etc.

That would put a different spin on it! Every one else sits out while the winners of the challenges get an extra half hour. I love that idea!

I agree! That would be much better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%