How Do I Make Buuble On A Rubber Ducky Cake?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 6:41pm by deanna_cake

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 11

I know what most are gonna say and that is make Blown sugar ones.However I don't have the time nor the skill to make blown sugar bubbles so I am wondering what else I can use to make that look.

Any ideas?

Laurel icon_wink.gif

10 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 11

Probly just hand rolled fondant or GP balls with lots of shimmer dust. OR pearl glaze for a wet shiny look.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks Lurvely...I thought the same thing.I will have to tell the mother though to take them off before she cuts the cake as it is for a 1yr old.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 11

Are you not wanting to use buttercream is that it??

Have you tried melting down the white lifesavers? I melted them before to use on a cupcake and all you do is crush them and put them on a sheet of foil (spray it with non stick cooking spray first) and put it in the oven at 350 degrees with the door slightly ajar so you can watch it, it only takes a couple minutes to melt into a puddle, once it's melted take it out of the oven and let it sit a couple minutes and touch it lightly after a few minutes and see if it's still warm but not TOO HOT to handle (be careful), once you can handle it cut off a piece and roll it into a ball. I used a cookie cutter on mine, once it cools off all the way it hardens back into candy again.

I wonder if they make mini lollipop molds OR what if you rip the sticks off of some white (cream soda ones) dum dum lollipops?? would they be too big? Other than that all I can think of would be buttercream or white gumballs?

edited to add photos

the star on this cupcake tower at the top was done using blue jolly ranchers (same technique with melting though) but I used a cookie cutter to cut it out while it was still warm and workable. HTH
LL

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 11

I used white gumballs on my Blue's Clues cake...

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 11:10pm
post #6 of 11

Couldn't you just use white chocolate rolled in a ball brushed with some pearl dust.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 11

I just saw a pic where they used small white (mini) marshmellows and it looked cute. You can roll them and make them round

kitcae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitcae Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:01pm
post #8 of 11

You could pipe bubbles-thats what I would do!(I don't know how that would work!)

cksweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cksweets Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:08pm
post #9 of 11

hi kiddie cakes.

this website has instructions on how to make bubbles for a bubble bath cake. hopefully this will help you!

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Bubbling-With-Excitement-1

happy decorating,
christi

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 4:09pm
post #10 of 11
deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:41pm
post #11 of 11

i made up some MMF and rolled it out into a rope and cut various different sizes. Not the greatest pic but the only one i have...
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%