Cupcakes @ $8 A Pop!!!

Lounge By JGMB Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 7:04pm by costumeczar

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 6

Hi All,

I couldn't believe I saw this on the news the other night. There's a "bakery" in Chicago that charges $8 apiece for a regular-sized meatloaf cupcake frosted with mashed potatoes!! So, as a joke, (and because I was dying to pipe something and had no legitimate reason to make a cake icon_wink.gif ) I made them for dinner tonight. My husband said that they were delicious, but he'd never pay $8 for one. Apparently, though, this new business is thriving. Maybe the economy isn't as bad as they say icon_confused.gif

The attached photo is of mine, not the professional ones. I left the skin on the potatoes for nutrients and used shredded carrot for color on top.

Here's their website: http://www.themeatloafbakery.com/everyday-favorites/
LL

5 replies
online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:49am
post #2 of 6

I just had to follow the link you provided....and...I lost my appetite! That's look so....ucky. Did you by chance click on the PARTY TIME TAB? Planning a birthday bash....I don't think so! My kids shriek and their friends would not let them live it down.

I do however love their creativity and originality, I wish them the greatest of success!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:50am
post #3 of 6

LOL That just reminded me of Meat pies and that crazy movie Sweeny Todd- that I wished I hadn't watched. icon_eek.gif

lillermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillermom Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 6

Wow yours look so delicious! I make meatloaf muffins all the time but I never thought to pipe on mashed potatoes for "icing"

Good thinking!

juleek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleek Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 6

I made my son a meatloaf and mashed potato 9 inch round "cake" for his second birthday dinner. I decorated the border with peas. Martha Stewart made it 3 years ago, thats where I got the idea.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 6

That is so disgusting...I hate meatloaf, though, so maybe I'm not the best judge!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%