Quick: Need Your Best Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe!

Baking By countrycakes Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 11:28pm by sarahbisher

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:42am
post #1 of 10

icon_cry.gif I can not find my recipe in my binder for my favorite snickerdoodle cookies! ACK! I was going to make a batch for this weekend for a scrapbook retreat....need your help please! TIA! thumbs_up.gif

9 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 10

Have you searched on www.Allrecipes.com? Users rate and review the recipes, I've never made a highly rated recipe I didnt' like (make sure to read some of the comments, sometimes the recipe is improved by other users).

countrycakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:06pm
post #3 of 10

Yes, I would be thinking that some of our 'cookieers' here would have the best ones! thumbs_up.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:08pm
post #4 of 10

Everywhere I take these, people just rave, which makes me laugh. To me, they're just a basic cookie -- everyone loves them for some reason, though!

Mix thoroughly: 1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs

Sift together and add: 2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsps. cream of tartar
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Chill dough for at least an hour. Roll into walnut-sized balls. Roll balls in a mixture of 2 Tbsps. sugar and 2 tsps. cinnamon. Bake until light brown on ungreased cookie sheets in a 400 oven for about 10 minutes. Yield: 5 doz.

countrycakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 10

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif JGMB, Your recipe sounds almost like the one I have lost! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:42pm
post #6 of 10

This is the one I use and everyone loves it!
250g butter, softened
1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups (410g) plain flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Beat butter, extract and sugars in small bowl with electric mixer until light & fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Transfer to large bowl.

Stir in sifted flour, soda and nutmeg, in 2 batches. Cover, refrigerate 30 mins

Preheat oven to 180 deg/160 deg fan forced. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper

Combine extra caster sugar and cinnamon (1tb sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon) in a small shallow bowl. Roll level tbsp of the dough into balls; roll balls in cinnamon sugar. Place balls about 7cm apart on oven trays. (I actually heaps more of the cinnamon sugar than they say)

Bake about 12 mins. Cool on trays. Makes 42

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:56pm
post #7 of 10

My recipe is almost identical if not identical (I don't have my recipe card here at work) to JGMB's. I get rave reviews everytime I make them!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 10

thank you guys so much for posting this - I have been searching for a good snickerdoodle recipe - off to make them now!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:48pm
post #9 of 10

OMG!!!! these are THE BEST snickerdoodle cookies I have EVER had!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

sarahbisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahbisher Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 11:28pm
post #10 of 10

This is by far the best snickerdoodle recipe I've ever tried! Enjoy!

Snickerdoodles (1 dozen)
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter (one stick)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 - 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoons cream of tarter
Topping (ingredients below)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions
1. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the eggs and vanilla then beat until smooth. 2. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tarter. 3. Pour in the dry ingredients and mix well. 4. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest in the refrigerator. 5. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. 6. Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball. Roll in the cinnamon and sugar then press onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookies. 7. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes and no more. The cookies may seem under cooked, but but will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%