I Am Staging A Thanksgiving Protest..see Inside For Details!

Lounge By countrycakes Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 5:03am by Ruth0209

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 7

icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_lol.gif

You know, I went into a WM today.....I am not a celebrator/decorator of Halloween....kudos to those who are. NO DEBATING HERE. thumbs_up.gif

My protest is that somewhere between Halloween and Christmas....poor ol' Thanksgiving doesn't get a chance! thumbsdown.gificon_surprised.gif Is Thanksgiving and the treasured turkey dinner a thing of the past?! Bahahaaaaaaaaaa...........not here it's not!

So, I have decided that starting this year.....I am putting up my TREE and am going to decorate it with all the Fall/Autumn/THANKSGIVING items I can find! icon_biggrin.gif
I will have the tree up for the Christmas holidays...and I do love Thanksgiving as much as Christmas....so there! All I will have to do is change out the decor....... thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

Dh thinks I am totally off my rocker.......rofl........lmao........so what? I am the one doing ALL THE WORK anyway! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:13am
post #2 of 7

Well...my walmart has lots of fall decorations...fall leaves, Thanksgiving cookie cutters, tableclothes, etc...Oh and pumpkin scented candles. Hobby Lobby has a ton of fall decorations too, scarecrows, hay bales, etc.

A Thanksgiving tree sounds kind of neat, especially if it was a real tree branch decorated with fall leaves and hung with little things to symbolize everything you're thankful for...

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:27am
post #3 of 7

I love the idea of having a Thanksgiving tree.

The dentist's office where my son went when he was little had a tree up in their waiting room year round. The decorations changed with every holiday...hearts and cupids for Valentine's Day, eggs and bunnies for Easter, and so on. It was so much fun to see what was on the tree each time he had an appointment.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:50am
post #4 of 7

At least with a couple of holidays at this time of year, the Christmas decorations might not come out too early. I went into our local department store last week and they were putting out Christmas decorations for sale.

In September!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:35am
post #5 of 7

I don't know about WM, but Target had a lot of Fall/Thanksgiving stuff, even some in their bargain display near the front doors. I bought some $1 gel window cling sets which had Fall leaves, pumpkins (not Jack-o-lanterns), and a cute turkey. Now, I just need the weather to cool down, so it feels like Fall.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:23am
post #6 of 7

I celebrate all the holidays, but Thanksgiving, I must admit, is my favorite! Always has been! I love it so much that as a kid I'd ask for Thanksgiving dinner for my birthday dinner (birthday is in March).

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:03am
post #7 of 7

Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday. It's a humble, family oriented holiday for me. My mom, oldest of ten children, always hosted Thanksgiving at our house, and I have great memories of her nine siblings, their spouses, and about thirty cousins in our little house. It was always a raucous good time with lots of food and lots of laughter. It was the best.

Now I always do Thanksgiving at my house, and I invite any "orphans" I know of, i.e., people who don't have other family here, so it's loud enough! This is the first year my youngest daughter won't be here now that she's moved to Denver, which makes me sad.

I'm pretty much a Christmas hater - I despise the gift scramble. As a matter of fact, I'm not a big fan of most holidays. Besides Thanksgiving, I love birthdays, and Fourth of July is okay. I don't even care so much about Mother's Day, which I think is a "Hallmark" holiday solely invented for the purpose of guilting people into buying yet more gifts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%