Parents (Or So Called)

Lounge By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 16 Oct 2010 , 11:54pm by peg818

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 9:19pm
post #31 of 37

Just to update you all. Today while leaving to go get my oldest a police car pulled in my driveway. The girls mom had filed a complaint for my "harassing" her daughter. I have supposedly followed her to school every day and when I see her comming I back up away from the stop sign so I can get behind her and follow her more. I about fell out of the car laughing. This is one of the original officers that I had talked to about her so he knew the story allready. He told her that I was only conserned about her daughter but that he would talk to me. I also did not realize that they had taken me up on my offer and used my driveway for a speed trap so hopefully she (and other crazy country highway drivers) will start slowing down at least in front of my house.

Then I went and got my dd and while on our way home we had a young driver at a stop sign. It is our Homecoming weekend so the kids were all being onery. 2 boys came up and started writing on his car with those paint dobbers. He got mad and put his car into reverse and...............wait for it..................SLAMMED RIGHT INTO MY VAN. I was so pissed. I got out and the boy got out, he was relly scared. The boys came back and I told them they needed to leave. I calmy told him to pull into the parking lot and then when he thought I was going to kill him, I just said "Look my car is fine but you have to promise me that when you are driving a 2000 pound car that you will pay more attention to what the hell you are doing".

Then I got in my car and went and found the 2 brats that started it. They were nearly begging for forgivness. I told them that they were lucky that there was not a child walking between the cars because they would be dead and that they owed the other kid an apology. I then took thier dobbers away.

I dont even want to know what I am going to have to deal with over the next few years as my girls get older. Thanks everyone for your support. By the way, if you want the moms address I will gladly give it to you.
J.K. (not).

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 8:31pm
post #32 of 37

I somehow stumbled on this thread and just wanted to say you are an awesome mother and person for you community. And I am 24 and wish some of my friends when we were teenagers had a person like you getting on their case about safety. Did she stop zooming by your house?

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 10:48pm
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

No more than 3 hours after our conversation the "twit" as she will now be refered to as was flying down the road again texting and dancing with her radio blaring. It is driving me nuts because she HAS to go by my house to get anywhere. MY kids are in danger with her on the road. There has to be something I can do. It has become my mission. Luckily the few teens I talked to (to find out who she was) know not to ride with her so I know they will not be with her when she finally looses it. I just hope they are not the ones she hits. I am soooo tempted to put a huge sign in my yard that says "Hailey, SLOW DOWN!".

BeeBoos, I haven't read all the replies so if someone already suggested this, please disregard. Call the school. We get complaints about our students' driving frequently and, believe me, we take every one seriously. Next week we're doing a Drive Safe presentation for the student body that includes a real car that was totaled in an accident.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:51pm
post #34 of 37

Maybe they both should be sat down and made to watch this....
(warning, it's graphic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8QxZJZfU5Q&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Or this (also graphic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LCmStIw9E&feature=related

ninjacaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninjacaker Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 4:55am
post #35 of 37

Dude, I'm more creeped out by your stalkerish behavior. And that you were able to find out the girl's address, etc. Seriously.

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 8:11pm
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaat

Maybe they both should be sat down and made to watch this....
(warning, it's graphic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8QxZJZfU5Q&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Or this (also graphic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LCmStIw9E&feature=related

Both of these videos sent chills down my spine & put tears in my eyes. So sad......& the message is so clear.

Maybe that mom was pi$$ed or embarrassed that you spoke to her about her daughter, so she became defensive. It certainly doesn't excuse the behavior, but it should have been a wake up call for her (& the daughter).

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:54pm
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacaker

Dude, I'm more creeped out by your stalkerish behavior. And that you were able to find out the girl's address, etc. Seriously.

i don't think this is stalkerish at all. The op stated she is from a rural area and frankly thats the way things are done often in the country.

I know when my kids have done wrong i either get a call or someone stops by. I wouldn't have it any other way. Because i truly do believe it takes a village to raise a child.

BTW the worse phone call a parent can receive is a call that your child has been in an accident and won't ever be coming home again. I received such a phone call last year, as my sons best friend died and the neighbor that found him was afraid that my son might have also been in the car with him. As he didn't even recognize the child at first (and he was this kids god father), and the car he was driving was very similar to my sons car.

OP keep up the good work and do what you can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%