Ice Cream Cake Pricing........

Business By littlecake Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 7:57pm by littlecake

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 6

i know they should be more than a regular cake....

anyone have any idea how much?

i know cake prices differ around the country...

is 20-25% more fair?

they are less work to decorate...but a lot more work to put together and the stuff costs more.

they can be done a few days ahead and stored in the freezer, which is the real attraction of them for me....i'm slammed every saturday, if these catch on i can double sales by making these ahead.

5 replies
Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 6

Are you doing icecream sandwiched between cake layers or just solid ice cream?

I would charge about 20% more. After you start doing them they wont be as much of a pain. As long as you shape the icecream ahead of time you will be fine. I love ice cream cakes. They can be decorated so lovely and simple and sell very quickly.

If you are doing them sandwiched between cake layers than that could be easy to market because it will save the customer the headache of purchasing icecream for the cake. icon_smile.gif

littlecake Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 6

i'm packing the ice cream in half sheet pans...and putting a layer of ice cream on the layer of cake...

i'm thinking i might put yummy stuff in between too....like oreos and fudge...

crumbled strawberry cheesecake

maybe cany bars and stuff...

i didn't think about saving them the ice cream trip...good point!

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 6

thumbs_up.gif I think you will do VERY WELL with these! Trust me!!! thumbs_up.gif
Key is to always having a least a half dozen made up ahead of time...in warmer months...I would do more than that. People will buy them! Been there done that..... icon_biggrin.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 6

Sounds good, just be careful choosing the fudge because I have had a hard time getting it to stick between the layers of icecream and cake and if you freeze the cake it will be easier to work with when icing it. At publix supermarkets they offer icecream bars. Basically it's a quarter sheet cut in half and half again. I think they do this to have the customers try the cake first and it works. I've bought it before and my family likes it too.

I make my own now and I use different icecream in the center especially during the holiday season. Try cinnamon ice cream with spice cake or pumpkin icecream. Also red velvet with cream cheese ice cream. I make my own ice cream and the flavors are variable.

Offer variety later on like rocky road ice cream with chocolate cake. You can make a killing and offer customized ice cream flavors. Lots of luck on your new venture. thumbs_up.gif

littlecake Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 6

i was actually thinking of (later on) offering custom mix ins like cold stone creamery does.

thanks for the thumbs up guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%