The Funny Things Husbands Do...

Lounge By sadsmile Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 2:24pm by Tiffany29

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 44

Laundry is a chore! We have 4 kids and that's a load of laundry for six people. My husband insists he can fold his own. Great! One less for me to do! It's really nice of him to ease the load a little right? I still take things out of the dryer and lay them in a nice flat stack to keep them from wrinkling.
Well yesterday I was standing near by and saw him open his drawer to get something. The man had taken the whole stack of shirts that I had laid smooth and simply folded the whole stack in half and shoved it into his drawer. He was pealing a shirt out of the lump with a sheepish grin on his face while trying to keep me from seeing what he'd done. icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

43 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 44

hehe, thats pretty clever and funny.
Hey at least he did fold it and put it away all on his own.

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 44

It's like they are little kids. Too funny

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 44

LOL....they really are cut out of the same mold aren't they? Well MOST of them anyway.

I do the laundry in my house and I was so tired of having to turn t-shirts right side out, they were always in the hamper inside out. I asked my DH to PLEASE turn them correctly and then place in the hamper.

Well, even after asking they're still inside out....so I wash, dry and fold them that way. Here's the kicker....he'll wear his undershirt inside out just so he doesn't have to fix them.

When I asked him about it he said "well, I figure if I do it this way they'll be right side out every other wash". icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I'm wondering what he'd do if I wash his jeans inside out..... icon_rolleyes.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 44

I do all of the laundry in my house. Rule is DH must carry his own cleaning clothes (all nicely hanging on hangers) up from the laundry area in the basement and put them away AND he must match his own socks (cause he has some weird system for them that I canNOT figure out).

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 44

We have a great system at our house! I clean the kitchen and cook, DH pretty much does everything else, including laundry. icon_lol.gif
I'm not sure how I managed to get so lucky icon_rolleyes.gif

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

LOL....they really are cut out of the same mold aren't they? Well MOST of them anyway.

I do the laundry in my house and I was so tired of having to turn t-shirts right side out, they were always in the hamper inside out. I asked my DH to PLEASE turn them correctly and then place in the hamper.

Well, even after asking they're still inside out....so I wash, dry and fold them that way. Here's the kicker....he'll wear his undershirt inside out just so he doesn't have to fix them.

When I asked him about it he said "well, I figure if I do it this way they'll be right side out every other wash". icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

This is funny and reminds me of when my husband used to throw his socks into the hamper all balled up, I finally started washing them and returning them back to him in a ball. He eventually got the hint and finally started separating them.

I'm wondering what he'd do if I wash his jeans inside out..... icon_rolleyes.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 44

My DH has not put his laundry away in over a year. No joke, wish it was though. His clean close are in a pile next to his dresser. icon_confused.gif
I refuse to put them away. Our oldest two kids who are 9 and 7 put their laundry away so why can't he? Even our 6 and 4 year old will help put theirs away.

On a side note (I've told this once before -probably 2 years ago on here)
My DH one day decided to change the oil in his car. Well, he somehow got the idea that one of my good cake pans would be perfect for this job. He drained the oil and then cleaned out the pan and asked if I wanted it back to use. I was horrified! Just use your imagination to guess how I reacted tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif . He still hates even to look at my cake pans after the chewing out I gave him. icon_wink.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:32pm
post #9 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

On a side note (I've told this once before -probably 2 years ago on here)
My DH one day decided to change the oil in his car. Well, he somehow got the idea that one of my good cake pans would be perfect for this job. He drained the oil and then cleaned out the pan and asked if I wanted it back to use. I was horrified! Just use your imagination to guess how I reacted tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif . He still hates even to look at my cake pans after the chewing out I gave him. icon_wink.gif

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I would have hung that pan in the husband hall of shame, to be mentioned every time he questioned the need for future cake supply purchases icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

My husband's worst habit is shooting his bb gun in our bedroom...because I told him if I stepped on another bb in the kitchen I would never cook again.

Deb_ Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 8:34pm
post #10 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

My husband's worst habit is shooting his bb gun in our bedroom...because I told him if I stepped on another bb in the kitchen I would never cook again.

What the heck is he shooting AT? icon_surprised.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:35pm
post #11 of 44
Quote:

Quote:

icon_eek.gif Oh NO NO NO NO HECK NO! icon_eek.gif

You NEVER discharge a gun in your house unless you are trying to stop an intruder (i.e. protect your life or the lives of the others in the house).

Yes, it's just a BB gun, but those can cause permanent injury, too!

sadsmile Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:43pm
post #12 of 44

Yes BBs can ricochet and ... You'll shoot your eye out!

Deb_ Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:46pm
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Yes BBs can ricochet and ... You'll shoot your eye out!

and in the words of "Ralphie"......"uhhhh uhhhh there was this icicle and it fell off the garage and it hit my glasses and broke them....." icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:55pm
post #14 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Quote:

Quote:

icon_eek.gif Oh NO NO NO NO HECK NO! icon_eek.gif

You NEVER discharge a gun in your house unless you are trying to stop an intruder (i.e. protect your life or the lives of the others in the house).

Yes, it's just a BB gun, but those can cause permanent injury, too!

This is why my FIL told me that my children were not allowed to have BB guns, too many people treat them like toys. My husband and FIL both have alot of guns, they hunt and target shoot, so the thought of our boys picking up bad habits scares everyone.

The kids have their own guns, kept locked up unless an adult is shooting with them, and aren't allowed even toy guns. My oldest is 10 and got a new rifle for Easter this year, it was on the table and we were still in bed, and he didn't even open the box until he had come and asked permission.

We have drilled gun safety into their heads from the time they were toddlers because no matter how careful we are others aren't. Even if we didn't have guns in the house we would have to because far more people around us own guns than don't.

And my FIL claims to know of at least one person who has died from a BB injury.

Texas_Rose Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:13am
post #15 of 44

They're hard plastic bbs...he's shooting at a gel dartboard or a few small gel targets he's placed around the room icon_razz.gif I have shot him in the butt cheek with it before icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif and it leaves a bruise but doesn't break the skin. If we had a yard or a garage I'd send him out there with it.

Deb_ Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:30am
post #16 of 44

I for one would love to hear the story behind shooting him, well, in the "behind". hehehehehe icon_lol.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:40am
post #17 of 44
Quote:

I for one would love to hear the story behind shooting him, well, in the "behind". hehehehehe icon_lol.gif

We bought the BB gun because I was uncomfortable using a real one...so we figured practicing with the bb gun would get me comfortable with the idea, at least, of the real one. So when we first bought it, he wanted to know how bad it would hurt. He'd had bb guns before that had CO2 and metal bbs and those are really powerful, but this one has plastic bbs and it's spring powered, so he figured it wouldn't be too bad. And I had been refusing to fire it at all so he pulled down his shorts and showed me a cheek and said, "shoot me in the butt!" so I did icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I think they might have heard him yell a few miles away...

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:14am
post #18 of 44
Quote:

They're hard plastic bbs...he's shooting at a gel dartboard or a few small gel targets he's placed around the room icon_razz.gif I have shot him in the butt cheek with it before icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif and it leaves a bruise but doesn't break the skin. If we had a yard or a garage I'd send him out there with it.

If it's strong enough to leave a bruise it's strong enough to take out an eye or break teeth. There is a reason that people who play paintball and airsoft wear face masks.

My brother and cousin were playing airsoft this summer and my cousin took off his mask without calling for a pause. My brother didn't know and hit him in the eye. They spent the evening in the ER where they were told he was lucky not to lose the eye and he had several checkups while the eye was healing. I never did hear if it damaged his sight at all.

Ricochet can happen even with plastic BBs.

I'd also argue that if your children see him do it you are risking them not understanding that what he's shooting isn't a real gun and teaching them bad habits. I really hope that if they do see him he keeps the BB gun locked up when not in use.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:52am
post #19 of 44
Quote:

Quote:

We bought the BB gun because I was uncomfortable using a real one...so we figured practicing with the bb gun would get me comfortable with the idea, at least, of the real one. So when we first bought it, he wanted to know how bad it would hurt. He'd had bb guns before that had CO2 and metal bbs and those are really powerful, but this one has plastic bbs and it's spring powered, so he figured it wouldn't be too bad. And I had been refusing to fire it at all so he pulled down his shorts and showed me a cheek and said, "shoot me in the butt!" so I did icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I think they might have heard him yell a few miles away...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:08am
post #20 of 44

I do the laundry around here. DH is not allowed. Once when we first started dating I offered to do his laundry. Well apparently when mating his socks, I mixed up his work socks and regular socks. (oops!) He politely asked me to please not mate his socks....So here we are 8yrs later and I still do not mate them, I just toss 'em in the drawer! He wears 2 pair of socks to work and when he used to take them off without seperating them. So I started washing them that way because I wasn't sticking my hand in crusty socks! He got sick of having wet socks so he quit!

When he folds his own shirts he folds them like a dept store would!

Funny story texas_rose! icon_lol.gif

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:45pm
post #21 of 44

Last week my DH went to pick up our son from school because he was ill. As he was signing him out he called to ask our son's teacher's name, so I expected them home in a couple of minutes since the school is across the street from our house. Wrong! I got another call from my embarrassed husband...he had stopped at another school 2 miles down the road. Not only is my son's school practically visible from our front yard, my DH has been there before...lol...only a man!! icon_rolleyes.gif

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 2:47pm
post #22 of 44
Quote:

This is funny and reminds me of when my husband used to throw his socks in the hamper in a ball, I got tired of unraveling them so I started washing them in a ball and returning to him wet and dirty. He eventually got the message.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:46pm
post #23 of 44

I do that too. If they come through inside out, they're returned inside out. Everyone in the house has better wrists than I do, they can darn well turn them themselves.

Hubby hates my reminding him that when he loses weight, they come through right side out, it's only when he gains weight they start needing to be turned.

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:06pm
post #24 of 44

While we're on this topic...can someone explain to me how to get your man to put his laundry in the hamper instead of strewn across the floor? The hamper is 5 feet away...but apparently that's too much... LOL. Thoughts?

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:48pm
post #25 of 44
Quote:
Quote:

While we're on this topic...can someone explain to me how to get your man to put his laundry in the hamper instead of strewn across the floor? The hamper is 5 feet away...but apparently that's too much... LOL. Thoughts?

I am still trying to figure that one out! Mine is bad for wearing 2 and 3
different shirts on (days he's home). He'll take one off, lay it on the bed like he's gonna wear it again and never does. So when I ask him why he didn't put it back on his response is "it smells like smoke". Ughh! it drives me nuts!
He used to get in trouble as a kid for changing clothes all the time. Maybe we should go on strike!! icon_lol.gif

7yyrt Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm
post #26 of 44

You kick the dirty clothes under the bed. More on the floor? Under the bed they go. Eventually they run out of clothes, and must dig them out.

sadsmile Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:01pm
post #27 of 44

Mine takes his shirt off and lays it where ever he may be standing. I find them draped over chairs, couches, the pass through wall near the kitchen, on every thing in the garage even the bathroom counter-right next to the hamper! He also steps right out of his shoes in the middle of the room and walks away from the,. I say something and he'll reply I'll get em in a minute. But we all know that minute comes and goes just like his memory and yours truly picks them up or ttips over them.

7yyrt Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:06pm
post #28 of 44

I'd ask him if he's practicing for his Chippendale's interview.

ba-dum-BUMP!
I have over 35 years worth of laundry come-backs.

sadsmile Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:21pm
post #29 of 44

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That's funny! But what isn't is that it only takes one or two things out of place and the whole family instantly turns into slobs dropping things every where. I am forever telling them to pick up after them selves or the house looks like who did it and ran. I refuse to be their maid though.

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:44pm
post #30 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

I'd ask him if he's practicing for his Chippendale's interview.

ba-dum-BUMP!
I have over 35 years worth of laundry come-backs.

I have used that line and he replies, yes but I first need a good waxing!

I can't win!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%