Help Me With My Reponse,please? (Long)

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 7:07pm by Motta

Mommy2ThreeBoys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy2ThreeBoys Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:10am
post #31 of 33

I don't sell cakes, but had I sent somebody who does an email saying this, this, and that, and then didn't get a response from them I would of done what I said and called somebody else. I wouldn't have waited 3 days to suddenly email you complaining why you didn't get back to me.........that's just crazy!!!!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:13am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

You're very welcome. One thing you learn in a law firm is how to tell people to go to H@LL so that they'll actually look forward to the trip!! icon_wink.gif

I love that! I worked in Human Resources for over 30 years, and we did pretty much the same thing. I can't tell you how many times I essentially told employees in a nice, diplomatic way to get over themselves, just do what their supervisor asked, and get back to work, and then have them thank me profusely for helping them so much. It's all in the delivery. icon_razz.gif

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:07pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Quote:

Or (what I want to do) explain to her I was simply following her wishes and not contacting her via email? I was unavailable to take/make phone calls during the day and after I missed her deadline I assumed she would follow through on her threat and find another baker?

Yes, that's what you do. You be honest and up front about it. You don't have to go into you renting a kitchen and it costs you $10 if you called her, etc. You were busy with orders and unavailable and her email was read after the deadline. You sound sympathetic to her plight and then you say "you know what I can do for you? I'll juggle some things around and I'll make your cake" . If she refuses, oh well, nothing different than before. BUT, if she agrees you tell her exactly what you'll do and you are the boss with the timelines.

Ah, people....so annoying and so unavoidable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%