I Hafta Make A "wierd" Cake And I Dont Know What T

Decorating By ally38562 Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 8:47pm by jammjenks

ally38562 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ally38562 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 14

I'm making a cake for a 13 year old girl. She wants a blue cake, with a skull (fbct) on top....I got that much figured out! She also wants black circles, black stars and pink hearts. Huh? lol It's a 2 tier, 10" on bottom & 6" on top. The circles, stars and hearts are fondant, I've already got it colored. Now I just need to figure out how to put it all together. Please help!

13 replies
scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 14

That does sound kinda 'weird', but kids right now want everything different and noticable... Anywho! Maybe if you arranged them in kind of a spray and had them possibly some overlapping, but are all the shapes black or some a different color? I dont kno just an idea. HTH!

ally38562 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 14

Everything is black except the hearts. She wants those pink. I'm guessing by the lack of replies I'm not the only one thats stumped!

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 14

Maybe some of the black circles overlapping one another and some of the black circles have the pink heart on top of them? OR place the black circles all over w/ some overlapping and them make a spray of the pink hearts springing out of the cake? Can't wait to see what you come up with. Sorry I don't have much to offer either. Hopefully, this will help inspire something though.

tonyas_jewels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyas_jewels Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 14

just a thought,but how about brushing some pearl dust over the black circles to make them stand out a little??

ally38562 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 14

I like the hearts on top of the circles idea! I have never made anything "springing" out of the cake! Too scary for me...I'm a newbie! LOL

Caralinc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 14

yeah I like the pearl dust over the black circles - that would be a neat look.

For the spring affect, just get some flower wire and wrap it around something thin to make a nice spring look then place the hearts on the wire. Stick the wire into a coffee stirer (sp) and then stick that into the cake.

errica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
errica Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 14

I made a similar cake for a friend, maybe you can get some ideas from this?
LL

ally38562 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:26pm
post #9 of 14

Now I'm having probs with my fbct! How thin is my buttercream supposed to be? I've done 3 so far and I can see lines on the other front side. Would it be easier/better to do it in royal?

I've got some silver pearl dust, that would look pretty cool on the stars!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:26pm
post #10 of 14

i made a pink pirate cake.. haven,t posted it yet.. i went by the party plate,etc.. after i got a request for this.. i saw several on this site.. all different.. i did some black hears.. pink hearts. etc.. white skull.. with pink bandana.. iced in buttercream.. didn,t want a lot of black icing.. i airbrushed the top pink. then laid out all these inlays of fondant . i enjoyed making it. the mother was very pleased. she always lets me do what i know to do.. i think , you will see all this on the different birthday party sites.. can,t think of the one she sent me to.. hth

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:36pm
post #11 of 14

the one i did came from orientaltrading.com...pink pirate was the theme. there is also one on birthdayex-press.com.. i,ve seen that one on here also. it was fun...i printed me a skull pattern.. cut it out. used fondant and cut it out on that.... made the bandana from fondant. and all hearts,etc.. everything was made 4-5 days ahead.. when i iced the cake ... so easy.. so fast.. laid them right on the cake.. piped borders,ect.. through!!!ha!!

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:43pm
post #12 of 14

I had the same problem with my FBCT yesterday, here is a link to my post that I put up about it and got a little help.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6569583-.html#6569583

And btw, i love the idea of the pearl dust on the circles!
Cant wait to see the end result!

ally38562 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:16pm
post #13 of 14

Here's what I'm thinking....Skull on top. (13) in the front of top tier with stars "shooting" out from the sides on the cake. Top of bottom tier do some black scrolly things with pink hearts coming off them. Finish the sides of the bottom tier with black circles. Whew! I just cant figure out how to incorporate everything together so my mind is telling me to keep them all seperate on the cake.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:47pm
post #14 of 14

What if you did the shapes overlapping similar to the bottom tier of this cake. Visualize different shapes instead of all circles and I think it would work.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%