Ny York Cake Convention - So Close To Me!

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 1:50am by buttawhench

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 22

This is exciting to have a cake convention in January 2010 in my area. I can just take the subway to this event.

I have 3 Southern California cake friends and their spouses coming to stay with us from New Year's eve through January 5th. This is great - I don't have to worry about entertaining my cake friends. I plan to sight up for classes right now!

My cake friends wanted to see the 2010 new year's ball drop in time square, attend a few musicals, and this cake event--my friends from California will have a vacation to remember!!!!!!!!

Well, I have to sign up going to register on line for the NY Cake convention in January.

2010 will be exciting. My friends who are visiting me have invited me and family to San Diego. I get to stay for free! Just have to worry about airfare and pay for ICES cake demos/registration.

21 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 22

So excited for you, I know you will have so much fun in both places. HAVE FUNNNNNNNN

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 22

I would love to attend a cake show, NYC right across the bridge from me. What is the info for it or the website? Thanks

SHogg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHogg Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 22

Oh I'm so excited too! I'm in south jersey so it's not far to travel. They just started taking registrations for classes and demos so sign up now!

www.cakeconvention.com

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 22

I hope this event goes well and becomes a regular event like camp camp in las vegas, ICES, and oklahoma cake show.

sewlora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlora Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 22

LUCKY!!!

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 22

I plan to attend also. My only problem is deciding which of the things I want to sign up foricon_smile.gif

mpaigew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpaigew Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 22

Thanks for posting about this. I don't live far from the city; I definitely want to go!

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:30pm
post #9 of 22

I just booked my ticket for Michelle Bommerito's Romantic Wedding Cake class! I'm also signed up for the Live Cake Competition.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 3:09am
post #10 of 22

Thanks for posting this...I'm so close...I will definitely go....

so, I'm not clear on a couple of things...
there are 2 categories (winter wonderland wedding cake and marie antoinette wedding cake) that say "competition on Sunday"..

does that mEAN JUDGING is on Sunday, or is this supposed to be a live decorating competition?

also....if we are entering with a cake or sugar piece, do we need to buy the general admission ticket?

thanks!

SHogg Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 3:14am
post #11 of 22

adven68, if you have a facebook account you can join the group US Confection Connection. It's the official facebook page for the NY Cake Convention. You could probably post your questions there and the admin may get back to you. Hope this helps.

adven68 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 3:16am
post #12 of 22

thank u.... icon_smile.gif

usconfectionconnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usconfectionconnection Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

there are 2 categories (winter wonderland wedding cake and marie antoinette wedding cake) that say "competition on Sunday"..

does that mEAN JUDGING is on Sunday, or is this supposed to be a live decorating competition?

also....if we are entering with a cake or sugar piece, do we need to buy the general admission ticket?

thanks!

adven68,

I received a email explaining your confusion over the wedding cake competitions. To sum it up, the actual wedding cake competitions are on Sunday. Drop off for wedding cakes is Sunday morning and entries will be judged Sunday evening. Also, General admission is included in the competition registration fee.

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you have through our contact form at cakeconvention.com.

We look forward to seeing you in January! Don't forget to pass the word along.

Thank you

asanchez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asanchez Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:04pm
post #14 of 22

I want to go to this event!! My computer is in storage right now and I cannot access the information at work because ita a blocked site (I am typing this from my G1 phone).

Is someone willing to fax the info 2 me??

asanchez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asanchez Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:05pm
post #15 of 22

I want to go to this event!! My computer is in storage right now and I cannot access the information at work because ita a blocked site (I am typing this from my G1 phone).

adven68 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:29pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanchez

You can call them at 718874-0199

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:47pm
post #17 of 22

YEAA!! Finally a convention in NY !!! Woo Hoo!!

SHogg Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:15pm
post #18 of 22

I know! I'm very excited, now have to convince DH to let me stay overnight.

adven68 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 5:05pm
post #19 of 22

I can't get an answer from these guys. I have called, emailed, facebooked....nobody has replied . icon_sad.gif

I just need to know if the Marie Antoinette & winter wonderland cakes are LIVE on Sunday or are they being judged on Sunday?

anybody know?

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 5:18pm
post #20 of 22

I live in Virginia and I am thinking about going. Michelle Bommarito told me about this (I met her last weekend LOVE HER). I want to go!

adven68 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:37am
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by usconfectionconnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

thanks!

adven68,

I received a email explaining your confusion over the wedding cake competitions. To sum it up, the actual wedding cake competitions are on Sunday. Drop off for wedding cakes is Sunday morning and entries will be judged Sunday evening. Also, General admission is included in the competition registration fee.

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you have through our contact form at cakeconvention.com.

We look forward to seeing you in January! Don't forget to pass the word along.

Thank you

I don't know how I missed this post...I'm so sorry...

Darel, the diretor called me today & she is a sweet as can be. She answered all of my questions & I'm so happy to say that I registered for a couple of events.
All the cc people should try to hook up somewhere...

buttawhench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttawhench Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:50am
post #22 of 22

Ok so I've seen the sight but does anyone know who these people are?

Can any of the regulars/famous people vouch for them? I'm not comfortable with this just yet. Don't get me wrong love the idea! But again who are they? Are they on CC?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%