Safe Food Handling Course - Where Can I Find One?

Business By Echooo3 Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 1:09am by veronica720

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 4

I want to take the course so I can get certified. I live in Orlando. When I do a "google" search the info that is returned is not clear.

Does anyone know how I can get certified? Can I take in on-line?

I am have a meeting tomorrow to possibly sign up to use a "certified" kitchen, I need to get everything in order now so I can get started and actually ask for money for my cakes instead of giving them away all the time like I have done for a year.

I've filed for a "Fictitious Name" which by the way is "Scheff Bakes" (my last name is "Scheff" pronounced "chef" so I thought that was a good play on words).

As always, thanks for your help, you guys are a GODSEND!!

3 replies
Brandy982006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandy982006 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 4

Here in California we go to the local Health Dept. Not sure where you live but i am betting that if you contact them they will be happy to tell you what you need to know icon_smile.gif

alyssia2777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alyssia2777 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:05am
post #3 of 4

I went to a culinary scool here in my city and we used ServSafe. It is an NSF approved course and you can get the materials online for about 80.00. I took the course but haven't tested out yet. Once you are certified you can use this in the food services industry. You should be able to google ServSafe.
Hope this helps!!

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 1:09am
post #4 of 4

This should have what you are looking for

Quote by @%username% on %date%