Cake Rings & Professional Cake Levelers

Decorating By obabassa Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 2:43am by stacyd

obabassa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obabassa Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have any experience using cake rings? Would you use these to ensure your side of the cakes are even? PLease advice on use.
Also, Anyone know where I could get a professional leveler. The $20 Wiltons blade moves around - don't like it.
Please post advice.

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 4

The only professional cake cutter that I know of is the Agbay. It's expensive - and is only sold through the owner. But it's AMAZING!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:39am
post #3 of 4

i second that, the Agbay is fantastic! When you say cake rings are you talking about bake even strips? Wilton sells them, you can check there website.

stacyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyd Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:43am
post #4 of 4

If you are referring to the cake rings like ChefRubber makes, where they are metal and you use them to ice your cake smooth and level...I bought a square set and I HATE them. I bought the 6, 8, 10, and 12 inch square ones. It hadn't occurred to me (maybe you are smarter so you already thought of this!) that a 6" cake would not fit in a 6" square with icing....I called ChefRubber and asked WTF! They said they work great, just trim your cake to like 5 1/2 inches, put about 1/2 inch of icing on the inside of the ring and then put cake in. Ice the top. Put in the freezer or fridge to firm and cool then hit w/ heat gun or blow dryer and the ring comes up instantly and presto you have a level perfectly iced cake....Didn't work for me! I can't seem to cut my cake square and it seems like a lot of work to do that all the time. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%