Ok Looser Question Of The Year...

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 5:01am by xstitcher

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:56pm
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis-

I'm sure that nobody would ever or has ever opened one with their teeth.

icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Never....who would do that?? icon_redface.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 12:17am
post #32 of 35

Somewhere at one of the online cake shops, I saw listed "empty luster dust containers" - replacement containers w/screw tops so that you can stop using your darned teeth! However...I think I remember deciding that they were too $$$. I mean, it's not like they were a dime apiece...possibly more like 50c-$1 which can add up qiuckly. Anyway I've just looked around and I can't find them now icon_cry.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:27am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Somewhere at one of the online cake shops, I saw listed "empty luster dust containers" - replacement containers w/screw tops so that you can stop using your darned teeth! However...I think I remember deciding that they were too $$$. I mean, it's not like they were a dime apiece...possibly more like 50c-$1 which can add up qiuckly. Anyway I've just looked around and I can't find them now icon_cry.gif

Also, you still have to bite it open to get the luster dust into the replacement containers. Once it was opened once or twice, its quite easy to open it, so why bother?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:57am
post #34 of 35

That's a good point. Once you make a nice little indentation in that plastic lid with your teeth, it tends to give better for future uses. icon_biggrin.gif

Thank goodness I only bake for friends and family; I wonder what the health codes say about opening your products with your mouth?? icon_eek.gif!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 5:01am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo912

You would think that the different makers of petal and luster dusts would get smart and just make all of the blasted containers twist off!!...

Maybe they do it on purpose hmmm.....?????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%