Flowerpot Cake

Decorating By daddysgrl314 Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 7:04pm by ibmoser

daddysgrl314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daddysgrl314 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:22am
post #1 of 5

I NEED HELP i am making a flower pot cake but everytime i flip my cake over the fondant starts to slide off i dont know what to do i am up for suggestions PLEASE icon_cry.gif

4 replies
ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:39am
post #2 of 5

I believe there's a tutorial here that shows you how to make the flower pot

GottaLuvCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GottaLuvCake Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:45am
post #3 of 5

Here is one tutorial that will at least help with the pot idea i would think? Good luck
http://cakecentral.com/articles/104/step-by-step-3d-cake-sculpting-baby-in-a-flower-pot

daddysgrl314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daddysgrl314 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:53am
post #4 of 5

I read the article but i the step after she applies the fondant is refridgerate which i have tried also but doesnt seem to be helping any other suggestions i am all ears icon_smile.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 5

I'm with you, daddysrl314 - my fondant always slides down. The only way I can make it stay in place is to cover the shapes as they will sit, which means fondant over the top and a struggle to fit the fondant to the taper as it goes down to the board. But, it can be done! I usually put a separate rim around the top of the pot that sticks up a bit and use toasted cake crumbs as dirt if needed. I hope someone will come along and tell us both how to make it stay in place with the "upside down" covering like in that amazing tutorial.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%