Oreo Cakeballs

Baking By dldbrou Updated 19 Sep 2009 , 12:26am by cylstrial

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 11

I was at a party this past weekend and someone brought oreo cakeballs. I asked for the recipe, but she did not have it with her.

Does anyone have this recipe? My husband fell in love with them and I would love to surprise him.

I have never made cakeballs before, so some instructions would help.

Thanks in advance.

Debbie

10 replies
sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 11

Cake balls are just basically crumbled up cake that you mix with some form of liquid. Some use flavored creamers, buttercream, liquor, ganache etc... The possiblities are endless. You want to moisten the cake crumbs just enough to bind it together. Form into balls, chill, then dip in chocolate.
I don't have that particular recipe but you could probably crush up some oreos with some white cake and get an oreo effect. HTH

irish559 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irish559 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 11

It's easy- 1 bag of oreos, crushed, mixed with 1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese. Roll into inch size balls, dip in white or milk chocolate (may have to thin the white chocolate with a bit of veg. oil to get to dipping consistency), and enjoy!

Darth_Aerdna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darth_Aerdna Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 11

I am not 100% sure, but the recipe that I think I have used in the past was just smooshed up oreos mixed with enough cream cheese to make them in to balls. Then you can coat them with with chocolate or whatevery you want.

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 11
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 11

I have the same recipe as irish559, but they're called Oreo Truffles. And they are delicioius.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 11

Wow, I had heard of cake balls on this site, but never thought I would need to make them.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I think I may give each one a try and do a taste testing on my family.

The balls that I tasted, were more like cake than cookie, but I may be wrong. I have no idea what crumbled up oreo cookies would taste like.

zoo22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoo22 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 11

they are YUMMY!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:28pm
post #9 of 11

You could try chocolate cake mixed with vanilla buttercream and crushed oreos, then dipped in dark chocolate and decorate with white chocolate swirls.

irish559 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irish559 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 11:27pm
post #10 of 11

It's easy- 1 bag of oreos, crushed, mixed with 1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese. Roll into inch size balls, dip in white or milk chocolate (may have to thin the white chocolate with a bit of veg. oil to get to dipping consistency), and enjoy!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:26am
post #11 of 11

Thanks Irish - those sound so yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%