Plastic Strip Around Cake

Decorating By Niloufer Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 1:43pm by PinkZiab

Niloufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niloufer Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 3

I've seen this in some bakeries, for cakes with lots of wipped cream or soft frosting, they usually bind the cake with this plastic strip, what is that called, where can i get that?

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 3

It is usually a chocolate wrap..When you get home you remove the plastic acetate.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 3

Yes it's called acetate and it's often used to line cake rings for molded mousse cakes, frozen dessert cakes, and the like (makes them easier to remove from the ring). You can order them in pre-cut strips, or you can buy large sheets and cut them to size of your molds/rings are odd sizes. I would think most cake/bakery supplies would carry acetate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%