Need Ideas For Missionary Map Cake

Decorating By Elaine2581 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 7:49pm by 2SchnauzerLady

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 11:59am
post #1 of 5

A friend asked me to make a cake for her son's birthday. He is a missionary to Cameroon, Africa. She says she wants an outlined map of the country and anything else is left up to me. It's to be a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting to serve about 20 people. I thought of putting some flags around it but I would really like to make it SPECIAL not SIMPLE. Any ideas would be appreciated.

4 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 5

Are you doing a sheet or stacked cake? You could pull up a map of Cameroon on the net and outline that on the cake, you can also use the net to translate phrases into their main language. I did that once, I just googled "translate (phrase) to (language). If you don't know what language, you can contact his mission board, Mom should know which mission board he works through. That would be very special. Try to find the country's colors to incorporate. If you are good with figure modeling, you could make people dressed in traditional dress. Add a Bible and any other things with special meaning. HTH

2SchnauzerLady Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 5

Oh, trace any route with a dotted line he took from town to town on the map. Then it would relate to the maps in the Bible tracing the routes of the disciples.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 5

How about carving a 9x13 into the shape of Africa and outlining Cameroon?

2SchnauzerLady Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 5

Dandelion - I'm going to have to remember that one! I like that idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%