Client Wants A Denver Broncos Cake....help

Decorating By Mug-a-Bug Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 3:44pm by chefaddie

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 3

I don't really do this kind of cake so I'm at a loss of where to start. I tried a FBCT once an it was hideous so I'm not too excited about trying that out on a cake I'm selling. I've been shuffling through pictures but haven't been too excited about anything I've seen. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks all! You're the best. thumbs_up.gif

2 replies
Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 3

I don't have a picture of the cake but for the superbowl last year I took the Wilton's small oval pan and made a football with it if you don't use the heating strips it will rise and look like half a football. I decorated it accordingly and put it on top of a square cake that I made to look like the field. You could get an edible image printed at the grocery store of the teams logo to put on the field. Hope this helps.

chefaddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefaddie Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 3

if you are not looking to do a flat image on a cake, curve a cake into small footbal and cover. place on top of larger cake. Or use the Wilton sports ball cake to make a helmet. I personaly make all of my nfl logos from coloured or painted rolled fondant. If you are not going to colour the base cake in the team colours. perhaps make it green with the goal lines. Best of luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%