Edible Images

Decorating By arwa Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 6:28am by arwa

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:30am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I get my edible images printed by a local bakery. They use rice paper to print. However the images are not very sharp. I've tried using higher resolution images as well. When I see the cakes they have on display with the prints, Its really glossy n sharp. I know they use the same rice paper.

I normally use Piping gel over the image and back the image with fondant. Where as they normally put the image directly on whipped frosting.What could they be using ? When I asked they mentioned that it's a gel. I did get a cakes once from them with the image n by the time the cake was eaten the entire image has soften. Where as my image always remains stiff.

ANyone can help me as to what else I can use?

Thanx in Advance.

Regards,
Arwa

3 replies
txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 6:25am
post #2 of 4

They put it on fresh, slightly damp butter cream or whipped icing, and the image essentially melts into the icing. If your putting on fondant, there is nothing for it to "melt" into to make it soft. I have used edible images a few times, always on freshly iced with butter cream cakes & have never had a problem. It usually takes a few hours for the image to soften up & "melt". If you want to put on fondant, maybe put a layer of butter cream under the image first? HTH

arwa Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 6:45am
post #3 of 4

Will try that. Though I've seen them using the gel on the top. Could i use piping gel ?

arwa Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 6:28am
post #4 of 4

Anyone ???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%