Skull Cake...need Help

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 1:27pm by sadsmile

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 7

So my coworker asked me to do a cake today for her son's 21st birthday. He's really into skulls so I decided to do an 8" round with a flat skull and cross bones on top with red flames coming up the sides. The cake will be black. She also mentioned having some beers included. Maybe I can just do beer candles...any ideas? Im not used to do these types of cakes...I have a little girls who's 5...I do princess cakes, not skull cakes....lol

6 replies
kim62808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kim62808 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 7

Ha, ha Yes I understand that . My girlfriend asked me to do skull and crossbones so this is what I did , mind u I dont take cash for cakes it's for fun so I am not a professional .
LL

TheBlonde Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 7

how did you draw the skull and cross bones? I'm looking for some kind of print out that I can trace. I'm not so good at frehanding....

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 7

google images and look in the galleries here and search skull -there are loads.

kim62808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kim62808 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 7

Exactley what sadsmiles said thats how I got mine it was a trace picture on here CC just pull it up ,,SKULLS . Eventually u will find it along side the cakes

TheBlonde Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 11:22am
post #6 of 7

How am I missing these? I'm rushing to get ready for work but I will try looking again later today. Thanks!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 1:27pm
post #7 of 7

click the galleries tab, let that open. Click the search button, type skull, hit enter. Click the see more above the first couple pics that the search brought up in the bar across the screen and you will get page after page of skull cakes. Once you know how to navigate this feature you can use it for anything. thumbs_up.gif

Edit to say: they have changed and imrpoved the search in the galleries and it automatically brings up the pages and pages full of pics thumbs_up.gif Dontcha just luv it when things get easier!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%