Can I Incorporate Pudding Mix In My Buttercream?

Baking By tenleysmommy Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 12:26pm by cylstrial

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 9

This has probably been asked before but I was wondering if and how I could do this?I use the buttercream dream recipe.TIA

Stephanie

8 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:37am
post #2 of 9

I remember reading about this in another thread a while ago. A lady said that she put a pudding mix in her frosting and that it tasted good. She however say that it made it a little bit more grainy than usual.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:29am
post #3 of 9

I think I might play around with it,see if I acant come up with something.Thanks

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 2:39am
post #4 of 9

I've wondered the same thing. Let me know what you find out, please. And which BC recipe you used.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:19am
post #5 of 9

I was given a recipe by a friend that while I do not feel free to share it on here w/o her blessing, I will say that in it she uses hot water with the ingredients and maybe what ever liquid besides flavoring that is in that recipe could be made warm or hot and dissolve the pudding it might help it not to be grainy and of course the powdered sugar would help thicken the icing the rest of the way. W/o knowing what recipe you used and w/o feeling comfortable about sharing hers w/o asking I can't say a bunch more. Hopefully you will find a way to make it smooth and tastes smooth w/o too much fiddling with it. Good luck.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:44am
post #6 of 9

I did it and loved the taste but yes it was grainy. I would probably add it too some warm water to dissolve it first and then add it as my liquid next time. That should keep it from being too grainy.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:01am
post #7 of 9

Iv'e made the pudding and then mixed it in and it turned out reallly good.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:20am
post #8 of 9

Yeah, maybe make a really thick pudding (1/2 maybe 1/4 of the milk called for?) and add it instead of the liquid called for in your recipe...

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 12:26pm
post #9 of 9

I'll have to remember all this for the future!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%