Anyone Shop At Restaurant.com?

Lounge By CakeJediChic Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 9:54pm by butternut

CakeJediChic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeJediChic Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 9

Restaurant.com is running a 90% off promotion on their gift certificates! I but these all the time and are a great deal at 90% off! Take a look! the code to use is ninety

Thought id pass this on to my new CC family!

icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 9

Ive thought about buying there before but theres no restaurants that I am familiar with on there.

I've never actually talked to someone who uses it. Do you ever have issues redeeming the gift certificate?? Do you give it to them before you order or when your paying??

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 6:10am
post #3 of 9

I haven't used this yet myself but am assured it's legit from many people I know who do buy the gift certificates.

I am wondering how the restaurants know the paper coupons that the website says we will print ourselves are actually legit? Of the 24 pages of places to eat near me, I've only ever heard of 5 of them! Weird!

KimAZ

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 9

I purchase the certificates pretty often. I got some just last night at the 90 % off. Never had an issue with using one at any of the restaurants. Matter of fact, I've used them more than once a month at the same restaurant and no one has ever said anything. It's a wonderful way to have a nice meal out without spending a fortune. Anytime I can get a 25.00 off coupon for the price of 1.00, I'm gonna grab them up icon_smile.gif

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 9

Each coupon has a code on it that the restaurant has to call and verify before the dinner is over. You have to present your certificate to the server when you sit down so they can verify it. Once the code has been verified, no one can ever use it again, so the restaurant knows it is legit. (Last time we used one, our server told us how it works.)

Also, the restaurants who are listed on there are very used to using them. My family uses these all the time, and we all love it! It gives you a chance to try a new restaurant you might never have tried before. I highly recommend it for the savings.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 9

well yesterday I emailed some of the restaurants that I was interested in to doubel check, and they all emailed back that yes they gladly take them.
So I bought a couple today and will be visitng some restaurants that I would otherwise never would have even known about

butternut Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 9

I just figured out how much I saved by purchasing my certificates yesterday. I got a total of six certificates which all together totals $150.00 (25.00 each) and I paid only 6.00. Pretty cool, huh?!!! They added a couple of new places that I frequent anyway so it worked out really well.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 9

I just looked at that site yesterday and while there are a few restaurants in town that we could use them for, they all seem to say with a minimum 35.00 purchase. Well since it is just me and my dh, we don't spend 35.00 on a dinner out. So would these do us no good?

butternut Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 9:54pm
post #9 of 9

There are some restaurants that have a minimum purchase amount. Some as much as $50.00, while some have no requirement amount. When it is just me and my hubby and we have a certain amount we have to reach, we usually really splurge and go for the larger steak or more expensive seafood like lobster and before we know it, we've reached the minimum required. Also, we get an appetizer and sometimes dessert. We never get either when we don't have a certificate, so for us it's a real treat. So, when we have one of those certificates that require a purchase of a certain amount, we just really go all out and enjoy ourselves and order what ever we want. (it's wonderful to do everyt now and then) On a 35.00 minimum requirement, we usually end up paying about 10 or $15. Still not a bad deal....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%