Decorating By Starlitpink Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 4:07pm by Starlitpink

Starlitpink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starlitpink Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 3

I love using the pearl dust and edible glitters. I love adding extra touches to my cakes. I recently purchased some sugarcraft glitter at the cake supply shop. When I got it home, it was just fine glitter. I tasted it, just glitter. It says non-toxic, but is sold as a cake decoration. I have used it on two cakes, and it looks great!! So, can I assume that using any fine, non-toxic glitter is okay? I mean, I use non-toxic side-walk chalks mixed with vodka to paint with.

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 3

Just because something is non-toxic doesn't mean it should be eaten. Some of the supplies are meant for use on gumpaste or pastillage which, while technically edible, are not meant to be consumed (cause you'd break a tooth if you tried!).

Starlitpink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starlitpink Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 3

I found some really great colors of fine glitter made by Martha Stewart. I called the product information number, and they told me it was definitely edible!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%