Decorating By Writecakes Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 6:14am by kaseyrconnect

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 1:23am
post #1 of 8
7 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:31am
post #2 of 8

I tried to look at your link but the website said it was temporarily unavailable. I'll try again later...

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 8

It's working for me now. icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 8

I looked at it and it seems pretty limited...you'll get a lot more versatility out of a piping bag, coupler and a few tips than you would with that. The photo they're showing isn't even of the pen actually being used...those bees are fondant instead icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

those bees are fondant instead icon_biggrin.gif

I thought they were kitchen magnets!

Ateco sells a cake deco syringe that you can get a lot more use out of than this.

Theresa icon_smile.gif
LL

KDFcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KDFcreations Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 8

I just got this over the weekend. I really struggle with writing on my cakes with my piping bag. While I'll continue to practice, I figured in the meantime I could use this "pen". I only use it for writing though, and I do really like it.

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:10am
post #7 of 8

Wait - save your money! thumbsdown.gif IMHO. I thought I struck gold when I found this little gem and couldn't wait to use it..... well when I tried it with Royal Icing, it was nothing but a mess! That little curved contour of the clear part is enough to allow the icing to backflow over the plunger and run all over! It was a horrible mess. I originally thought I wanted to purchase several, and soon found out that one was a waste of money.

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 6:14am
post #8 of 8

I also bought it thinking that this is the answer i need to writing on my cakes. I don't like it. It is awkward and messy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%