Do They Make Trouble Free Edible Image Printers??

Decorating By SweetDreams Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 5:29pm by -Tubbs

SweetDreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 11

I am on my second printer and am having trouble again with constant ink clogging and or printing that is not a great quality.

Has anyone found a printer/ink set up that has been just wonderful to have and that prints great quality pictures everytime? I would love to know.

I am hoping to stop spending money on poor quality printers and invest in the best if it consistently works well.

Thanks for your help!!

Angela

10 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 11

I like Epson NX100 (found it at Target) and i buy my edible image products from KopyKake and I love them.

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 11

I have the NX 200 that I bought at Target also. Makes great pictures when it's not clogged!!! My husband is really tired of fixing it for me Help! Do you refill your cartridges or buy new ones each time?

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 11

The title made me laugh.

I'm sure all the manufacturers would say theirs is "trouble free".

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:01am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdebssweetsj

I have the NX 200 that I bought at Target also. Makes great pictures when it's not clogged!!! My husband is really tired of fixing it for me Help! Do you refill your cartridges or buy new ones each time?

I've only refilled the cartridges once and did not like how the colors on the picture came out, so we just go ahead and purchase new cartridges. I do agree that it gets clogged.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:17am
post #6 of 11

Nope. I think it's the nature of the inks. Mine just died.

|
|
V
siggy, help me win!

k33bl3r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
k33bl3r Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:24am
post #7 of 11

I fight with ours at work for about an hour before I finally get it to do what I want.

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:31am
post #8 of 11

I don't get to use mine everyday nor remember to do a nozzle check to keep it clear. Too bad I can't program it to a auto maintenance mode. Gee I wish I was a genius at computers LOL.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:35am
post #9 of 11

Nope! My Epson gets clogged every d*#$ time. I too use KopyKake inks, and they're to flipping expensive to keep replacing!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 11

Nope. I think it's the nature of the inks. Mine just died.

|
|
V
siggy, help me win!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 11

I think the answer to your question is 'No'! I now spend $10 to get the local grocery store to do an edible image for me, rather than battling with my printer for hours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%