Need Help Asap!!!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 3:41pm by KHalstead

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 4

I am in the middle of doing an anniversary cake right now & was looking at the picture again (they want it replicated) & just noticed that I believe there are drop strings on the square tier. Just wondering... should I use the 86 tip for that? Also, what border does it look like the cake has? I can't tell - the pictures she sent me are terrible quality.

3 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 4

the top border on the sq cake looks to be a puffed zigzag border, starting out small getting thicker then smaller again, repeated around the top edge. Then on top of that looks to be a drop string, probably tip 2 or 3.

Just do your best, its not a very clear picture so you'll just have to do your best interpretation of it. they probably dont know what it was either.

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 4

My guess is that they care less what "exactly" you do. As long as you make it similar and beautiful they will be happy. GL thumbs_up.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 4

I did a wedding cake a few months ago that had those kinda puffy borders with the drop strings too......maybe it's similar?

Quote by @%username% on %date%