leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 12

are 49 cents a doz this week. Stock up!

11 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 12

WOW! I was at the grocery store and picked some up yesterday. I'll need more soon!

How long do you keep eggs?

leah_s Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 12

I keep them fresh until the date on the carton. However, frozen whites last a lonnnnng time.

leah_s Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 12

I keep them fresh until the date on the carton. However, frozen whites last a lonnnnng time.

barbydoll8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbydoll8 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 12

WOW! My Albertson's has them for 88 cents and I thought that was great. Off to Aldi's this weekend I go. Thanks for the tip.

Barb

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks LeahS! Great! I am going to Aldis this week for sure!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 12

I saw the eggs at Aldi's this week too! What a great deal! I also saw that their marshmellows were on sell for .85 a bag.

cgm_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgm_cakes Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 9:18pm
post #8 of 12

$0.49 a dozen? Crap! Here in Canada I pay an average of $3.00 per dozen ($2.50 US approx.). I can get them $0.60 cheaper per dozen if I shop at Costo but I'm not going to go there just for eggs.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 12

Just in time, too. I have a Christening cake and a wedding cake to do over the next two months. I can always separate them and freeze them, so that's a great deal for me. Thanks, Leah!

Now, on the other hand, their butter leaves something to be desired. I bought some for the last cake I did, but when I went to use it (same day) it smelled and tasted funny. I hope it's just because I bought it at a particular location. I'm going to another location tomorrow, so I'm going right to the butter, walk around for the rest of my stuff, then check the smell after it's been at room temp for a while. Anyone else have this problem?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 9:59pm
post #10 of 12

I really don't use butter in anything, although I do have a pound of Aldi butter in the fridge. it seems fine.

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 10:20pm
post #11 of 12

Wow, you guys in America get such great grocery deals. We have Aldi here but they never discount standard lines and the eggs I buy are over $4 a doz (but I only ever buy free range).

I know other areas of the economy are rough over there, but make sure you enjoy and appreciate your cheap groceries!!

icon_biggrin.gif

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 10:44pm
post #12 of 12

I use Aldi's butter all the time, so far no problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%