Styrofoam Wedge Or "lift" For Topsy Turvy Cake

Decorating By ALittleRomanceCakes Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 10:24am by AbouttheCake

ALittleRomanceCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALittleRomanceCakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:17am
post #1 of 5

Collette Peters uses styrofoam wedges for her topsy turvy cakes. Where can I buy these? I really like not having to cut away half a cake to achieve this effect.

4 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:25am
post #2 of 5

Have you tried a cake store (that's assuming you have any close to you)?

Or how about making your own?

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:55am
post #3 of 5

The best thing might be to cut a round styrofoam in half diagonally. According to people who have done this, a little tip is to try to make sure the thinner end of the wedge is no smaller than an inch thick. Hope this helps.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:43am
post #4 of 5

Yes, I'd just cut a round dummy diagonally.

AbouttheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AbouttheCake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:24am
post #5 of 5

Lenny Lee from The Cake Dummy Place makes them too. He does all sorts of custom dummies. You just call him up, let him know what you need and he ships it out. 860-875-1736 (No website)

Quote by @%username% on %date%