Anyone Know How To Make A Gumpaste Mold?

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 8:33am
post #1 of 6

for fondant... TIA!

5 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:32am
post #2 of 6

There is liquid thing that they use. Hopefully someone will chime in and post the website.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:43am
post #3 of 6

No, gumpaste breaks, it would have to be really thick and i still think it would crack, i tried paper clay not good, i ordered from culinart and the food grade for about 20 dollars without shipping. i got one pound i did get some good molds, but you really have to mix it evenly and it about a 15 to 20 minute working time, there is a puddy or clay some one posted on here, i couldn't find it at michaels but at the time i couldn't remember the entire name, i think the is a tutorial. either on here or wilton. you need the clay and the modeling agent, but i sounds alot easier, and you don't have to get it shipped, hopefully the person that posted it will read this. i did get good molds from the other was just messy. i'll give u a bump

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:25am
post #4 of 6

You can buy a non toxic, food grade putty from Michaels. It is in the clay section. It's called Amazing Mold Putty in a purple and yellow box with a baby on the front. It's about $19 so take your coupon. I always stock up when I have coupons. Super easy to use and sets up in 25 minutes.

Enjoy!!

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 6

ah ha that is i knew someone would would know the name..

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks CakeDiosa. I'll try to find that here... hope I can. Love your username hehe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%