What Support To Use For Gp Figures?

Decorating By Adevag Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 11:52pm by xstitcher

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 3

I am very new to making figures so this might seem like an easy thing to know... but what can I use for support in the gum paste figures. I have seen on the cake shows on TV that they can use skewer like sticks (depending on the size of the figure). But I need it to go in two different directions (almost like a Y) so I can't figure out what I can use to wrap it around and stay there. Hmmm.... I saw on cake boss that they used some bendable wire like material. Does anyone know where to buy that?

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 3

floral crafts area of any craft store

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 3

Like Leah's said floral wire (it's what's used for gp flowers etc).

Quote by @%username% on %date%