Dipping Cakeballs

Decorating By ski Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 6:17am by tracilm

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone found a better/faster way to cover cake balls instead of just dipping them? Or perhaps a better tool than the chocolate tools, and modified forks?

TIA
Ski ("

4 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 5

you might want to try poured fondant, look under recipes, then fondant, then poured fondant, just put your cake balls on a cake cooling rack with cookie sheet under to catch the drip-offs. You can color and flavor the poured fondant. I got this info from other CC members and I like it on cookies also

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:11am
post #3 of 5

thanks tatorchip I will try that! thumbs_up.gif

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 5

bakerellas cakeballs are incredibly smooth and seem to have no "bottom"...how in the world???

tracilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracilm Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 6:17am
post #5 of 5

I put cake balls on a skewer after they are frozen, then hold skewer and dip. Then I put skewer in my collander, that I have turned upside down, to dry for a minute. I dip several at once, like 3 or 4. By the time those are dipped it is time to take the first one off the skewer and do another. Once they are somewhat dry I twist them a bit and they come off the skewer and I lay them flat to finish drying. This leaves a little hole in the bottom, but is so much easier that it is worth leaving the hole. I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%