Could Someone Translate This For Me???

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 3:58am by LaBellaFlor

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:47am
post #1 of 11

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5153-3-TRES-LECHE.html

I need a great tres leche cake recipe and this one I really want to read, but only speak english.

Thanks

10 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:31am
post #2 of 11

I can't translate it for you, but someone has suggested on CC before a site called babelfish.

Also, here's my favorite Tres Leches cake recipe:

Tres Leches Cake

2 ½ cups flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
7 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
¾ cup whole milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 container (1/2 pint) whipping cream
¼ cup brandy (optional, but it adds great flavor when used)

Meringue

6 egg whites
¼ tsp. cream of tartar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cup water
Zest of 1 lemon

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl; set aside.

2. Beat the 7 egg whites and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Beat in the yolks one at a time. Beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/3 of the whole milk; repeat twice, beating until smooth. Add vanilla.

3. Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured 10 round cake pan. Lower the oven to 350 degrees; bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool in the pan 15 minutes; unmold. Cut the cake into 3 horizontal layers; place on wire racks set into shallow baking pans.

4. Combine the evaporated milk, condensed milk, cream and brandy in a medium bowl. Prick the top of each cake layer with a toothpick. Ladle 1/3 of the milk mixture over each cake layer; set aside. (It will seem like a lot of liquid, but it really does sink in if you ladle it on slowly, kind of pressing down as you go.)

5. For the meringue, beat the 6 egg whites, cream of tartar and salt with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl to form stiff peaks; set aside. Combine the sugar, water and lemon zest in a medium saucepan. Heat to a boil over medium heat; cook until temperature reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer, or until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage. Remove from heat. Carefully add the syrup in a thin stream to the egg whites, beating on medium speed. Beat until firm, 5-6 minutes. Restack the cake layers; cover the sides and top of the cake with meringue. Refrigerate until serving time.

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:24am
post #3 of 11

Let me start by saying that my Spanish is not fluent but I'm fairly sure that I got it right...feel free to correct me if someone's Spanish is better than mine, I won't be insulted

* 5 HUEVOS SEPARADOS (5 eggs, seperated)
* 1 TAZA DE AZUCAR GRANUALADA (1 cup granulated sugar)
*1 TAZA HARINA PREPARADA (1 cup 'harina preparada' - it is a special type of flour, I don't know of a translation. I know that Quaker makes some and its often used to make torillas)
* 1 CDTA DE VAINILLA ( 1 tsp vanilla)
* RALLADURA DE LIMON (lemon zest)
PARA EL SIROP (for the syrup)
* 1 LATA DE LECHE CONDENSADA ( 1 can of sweetened condensed milk)
* 1 LATA DE LECHE EVAPORADA ( 1 can of evaporated milk)
* 1 TAZA DE LECHE HALF AND HALF (1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2)
* 1 CDTA VAINILLA (1 tsp vanilla)

*BATIR LAS CLARAS A PUNTO DE MERENGUE *(NOTA QUE EL ENVASE DONDE BATES LAS CLARAS DEBE ESTAR BIEN SECO, SI TIENE AGUA, LAS CLARAS NO SUBEN BIEN. PARA QUE SUBAN MAS AÑADELE UNA PIZCA DE SAL MIENTRA BATES.)
(beat egg whites to a stiff peak, the note is kind of throwing me but I think that it is just helpful hints about beating egg white)

*AGREGAR AZUCAR, YEMAS, VAINILLA Y POR ULTIMO LA HARINA.
SI UTILIZAS UN MOLDE DESECHABLE DE ALUMINIO (HALF PAN) ME ENCANTA MI ESPAÑOL, NO LO ENGRASES. LOS MOLDES DESECHABLES NO ES NECESARIO ENGRASARLOS.
(combine sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and lastly harina. If you are using a disposable pan, you don't need to grease it)

VA AL HORNO DE 20 A 30 MINUTOS A 325 GRADOS, DEPENDIENDO DEL HORNO.
MIENTRAS SE ESTA HORNEANDO MEZCLAR LAS LECHES CON EL LICOR O SABOR EN LA LICUADORA. (HAY PERSONAS QUE LAS CALIENTAN PARA QUE SE DILUYAN MAS) ES OPCIONAL.
(bake in at 350 for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. While it is baking, Mix the milks in a blender (she prefers the milks to be hot but that is optional)

AL SALIR EL BIZ DEL HORNO CALIENTE, SIN DESMOLDAR ECHARLE LA MEZCLA DE LAS LECHES DE CANTAZO, (ZOPETON),
(remove it from the oven but leave it in the pan and pour the milk mixture over the top)

*NOTA LAS LECHES DEBEN ESTAR A TEMPERATURA AMBIENTE, NO DEBEN ESTAR CALIENTES.
(note, it should be served at room temperature, not hot)

Y FROSTEAR CON AZUCARADO DE MERENGUE HERVIDO O PURA WHIP TOPPING Y LO DECORAS A TU GUSTO.
(frost it with boiled(or scalded) merenge icing (not sure but probably something along the lines of SMBC) or whipped cream.)

...NOTA... SI DESEAS PUEDES HACERLO DE CHOCOLATE
(note: you can make it chocolate)
LE AÑADES A LA MEZCLA DEL BIZ ANTES DE HORNEAR
(add to the mixture before baking)
4 CDAS DE CHOCOLATE (4 tbsp of chocolate)
1/2 CDTA DE BAKING SODA (1/2 tsp of baking soda)

Y AL SIROP DE TRES LECHE LE AÑADES:
(and to the syrup you add)
2 ONZAS DE KALUA (2 ounce of kahlua)
2 CDAS DE CHOCOLATE SIN AZUCAR (2 tbsp unsweetened chocolate)

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you both so much!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 11

Your translation looks great, RHarris! You're right about the note. It is just some tips on beating the egg whites.

"The container where you are beating the egg whites should be completely dry. If there is any water, the egg whites will not rise well. To help them better rise, add a dash of salt while beating."

letsgetcaking Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 11

One more thing. The recipe also says to add the flavoring (the vanilla) to the blender along with the condensed milk, evaporated milk, and the half-and-half.

CaribbeanCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CaribbeanCakes Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 2:50pm
post #7 of 11

I think that 1 tz Harina Preparada is the Self Rising Flour...

letsgetcaking Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:28pm
post #8 of 11

Yep, it's flour with baking powder and salt added to it. It's usually used to make homemade tortillas, since all you would need to add is water.

patty5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty5 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:45am
post #9 of 11

It also says that the milks have to be at room temperature, they should not be hot, when ready to pour over cake.
(some people warm them up to mix them better)

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:57am
post #10 of 11

This recipe looks great! Thanks for sharing and I hope it turns out as delicious as it sounds! Maybe I will even try to make it sometime soon. icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:58am
post #11 of 11

Sounds like it's self rising flour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%